Women who want to work in science or technology have the chance to share their knowledge through the TechGirls Exchange program. TechGirls offers women opportunities to further their professions as well as methods to interact with and improve their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Since 2012, 392 young girls (ages 15–17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen have come to the United States to take part in the TechGirls Exchange program. There, they have been trained and helped by mentors. The program is now open to young women from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, because it was made bigger in 2019.
Do not pass up this opportunity to apply as soon as possible for the fantastic TechGirls Exchange Program, which is an exchange program for girls. The Full Opportunities Network is always disseminating the most recent details on these initiatives.
Also, Check: SUSI Summer Exchange Program, USA 2023
About the USA TechGirls Exchange program:
This TechGirls Exchange Program opportunity is 100% fully funded and includes all expenses such as travel, lodging, health insurance, meals, etc. For roughly 111 young women from 35 participating countries and 25 American peers in 2022, an exciting 4-week experience in the United States will be paired with an 8-month mentorship program (including pre-and post-exchanges).
The TechGirls Exchange Program, which is a collaboration with Virginia Tech University and is provisionally set to start in July 2022, may include a 25-day stay in the US. In addition to gaining information and feeling empowered, TechGirls participants often go home and start community-based initiatives.
We collaborate with Virginia Tech’s Center for Enhancing Engineering Diversity to offer a student engineering camp, and workshops offer opportunities to learn from some of the country’s most forward-thinking tech experts. Technology Girls aims to inspire women to seek higher education in fields where they are underrepresented and, as a result, improve their prospects of obtaining technical employment by giving them access to a rich cultural immersion experience.
Also, Check: Hansen Summer exchange program, USA 2023
TechGirls Exchange Program Highlights
- Location: USA
- Program: Exchange Program
- Opportunity: Fully Funded
- No.of Participants: 146
- Duration: 25 days in the USA
- Deadline: 16 December 2022
Benefits of TechGirls Exchange program
The project is fully funded and covers the following areas:
- VISA fees.
- All travel expenses.
- Complete Food cost.
- Medical insurance.
- Participation in cultural events.
Also, Check: Sisters2Sisters Summer program, USA 2023
Criteria of TechGirls Exchange program
- It is required that you are between the ages of 15 and 17.
- You must have an interest in Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- It is essential that you are proficient in English.
- Previously, you must not have visited the United States.
- A transcript of the academic record.
- There are eight essay questions.
- A recent photograph.
- The passport number, if you have one.
Also, Check: KSU Undergraduate Scholarship, USA 2023
Eligible Countries For TechGirls Exchange Program
TechGirls will be recruited and selected by competitive selection processes from the following countries/regions.
- Europe and Eurasia: Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- East Asia and Pacific: Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Western Hemisphere: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
- South and Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
- The Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia.
Also, Check: UMD Free Online Courses / Certificate, USA 2023
How to Apply for the TechGirls Exchange program?
There is an online application form.
- Deadline: 16 December 2022 is the last date to apply for this program.
- Program Duration: 25 Days in the USA.
- Further more for complete information must visit the Official Website.