Pursue your studies in a foreign country. There’s good news! The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program is presently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is a scholarship programme for international students funded by the Asian Development Bank.
This scholarship is only available to postgraduate students. Every year, around 300 scholarships are awarded out. Full tuition costs, a monthly allowance for expenses, lodging, books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses are all covered by this scholarship.
Full tuition fees, housing allowance, monthly stipend, allowance for books and instructional materials, travel expenses, and medical insurance are all included in the ADB-JSP. Scholars are expected to contribute to their home nations’ economic and social development after completing their study programmes.
ADB-JSP Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): Participating academic institutions
- Study in: Hong Kong, China, Japan, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines Singapore, Thailand and USA
- Courses Offered:
Economics, Business and Management, Law and Public Policy, Natural resource management, Science and technology, Other development-related fields.
- Number of Scholarships: About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
- Deadline: Check Deadlines.
ADB-JSP Scholarship Coverage
The ADB-JSP provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing allowance
- A monthly Stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Travel expenses.
- Medical insurance
Eligibility Criteria for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Following is the eligibility criteria for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- In good health.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
How to Apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Following are the required documents:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet.
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company.
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- Certificate of Income issued by the company.
- Copy of your Passport.
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Valid IELTS test.
- Read the application procedure here.
- You must send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
To apply and know more about Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, please visit the Official Website.