Applying for the International Baccalaureate Scholarships will improve your academic experience and teach you new skills. Algoma University provides the programme.
This scholarship program’s goal is to attract more international students and persuade them to think about enrolling in the university.
Algoma University has been a teaching- and student-focused institution that focuses in liberal arts, scientific, and professional degree programmes since its founding in 1965. It is among the top 19 universities in Ontario. It provides a range of degree programmes.
What courses are offered at Algoma University in Canada?
The institution offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of areas. Students are exposed to many educational systems and viewpoints as a result. You will have countless opportunities for personal development at Algoma, both inside and outside the classroom. The Algoma advantage is that you’ll learn from our engaging instructors and gain from one-on-one interactions.
More About Algoma University
Public university Algoma University, sometimes known as Algoma U or Algoma, has its main campus in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Algoma University is a post-secondary university that focuses on teaching and students, with a particular emphasis on the requirements of Northern Ontario. It offers degree programmes in the liberal arts, sciences, management, and professional fields.
Algoma University, which is situated on the old grounds of the Shingwauk Indian Residential School, has an unique mission to promote and facilitate cross-cultural learning among Aboriginal communities and other groups. In Timmins and Brampton, Ontario, Algoma U also provides satellite programming.
Algoma University, formally known as Algoma University Institution, was founded in 1965 and served as an affiliated college of Laurentian University in Sudbury until June 18, 2008. The Algoma University Act of 2008 is the relevant enabling legislation.
More than 40 bachelor’s degree programmes, including three- and four-year options, are available at Algoma University in fields like biology, business, computer science, community development, English, geography, history, psychology, social work, sociology, political science, music, and the creative arts.
Additionally, it provides approximately nine undergraduate and graduate certificate programmes, as well as one and two-year credentials in fields like project management, information technology, human management, computing, business, health science, and software development. Timmins and Brampton both get extended programming from the university.
The Algoma University Thunderbirds compete in basketball, soccer, cross-country running, curling, wrestling, and Nordic skiing in the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) and Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) conferences. The Algoma Thunderbirds participated in basketball, curling, and indoor soccer in the Ontario Colleges Athletics Association (OCAA) until making the switch to the OUA and CIS in 2013. The Sentient is the student publication for the university.
The Algoma University Students’ Union speaks for the students (AUSU). The Canadian Federation of Students’ local 82 includes AUSU. Shingwauk Anishinaabe Students’ Association (SASA), which represents Anishinaabe students at Algoma University on the executive of the Anishinaabe Peoples Council, the Cross Cultural Committee, and the Algoma University Student Union, is active.
- University or Organization: Algoma University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is September 16th, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in any subject area.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- International Baccalaureate students must provide official transcripts and proof of their IB Diploma, to qualify for an unconditional entrance scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: International students applying from overseas may apply directly to Algoma U on our application portal or via the OUAC 105 portal.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide all copies of transcripts, including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts, and diplomas/degrees, if applicable. If applicants have been out of school for more than two years, they must provide Gap Letter/Gap Explanation documents detailing their recent professional history.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Proof of English language proficiency is required for international students to attend Algoma University.
|31 – 33||$2500|
|28 – 30||$1000|