For Canadian citizens, Azusa Pacific University (APU) provides the Haggard International Scholarship Program. Funds are available for university-enrolled undergraduate students, and the grant amount is determined by need.
Awards are given out on a random basis, and eligibility is determined by financial necessity. You can submit an online application to apply. It’s possible that more paperwork may be needed.
The Haggard International Scholarship (HIS) Program supports APU’s tradition of preparing and sending out Christian workers globally. The program provides scholarships and leadership training to international students who demonstrate a commitment to Christianity, potential for leadership, and a global mindset.
Eligibility is based on student need, leadership ability potential, Christian commitment, global mindset, and academic abilities. The HIS Program combines a tuition grant with leadership development opportunities to help equip students to become leaders in their home countries and worldwide.
More About Azusa Pacific University (APU)
In Azusa, California, there is a private, evangelical Christian university called Azusa Pacific University (APU). The university was established in Whittier, California, in 1899, and classes there started on March 3, 1900. It started awarding degrees there in 1939.
The Graduate School of Theology at the university adheres to a Wesleyan-Arminian theological theology. Across Southern California, APU provides more than 100 associate, bachelor, master, and doctorate programmes on campus, online, and at seven regional locations.
Three colleges and seven schools make up Azusa Pacific University’s (APU) organisational structure. The academic programmes are offered by the University College, School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences, School of Business and Management, School of Education, School of Nursing, and School of Theology, as well as the Honors College, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Music and the Arts, Leung School of Accounting, and College of Music and the Arts. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has granted APU accreditation (WASC).
APU Haggard Scholarship Description
- Organization: Azusa Pacific University (APU)
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: Educational Fund
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the international undergraduate students offered at the Azusa Pacific University
- Application Deadline: February 17, 2023
- For international undergraduate students in F-1 or J-1 student status.
- Regular admission to APU along with proof of funds for costs not covered by HIS.
- The grant is meant for global impact. Therefore, the student cannot take steps to stay in North America after their education and training (If a Canadian citizen, they cannot stay in the U.S.).
- Complete and Submit all parts of the HIS Scholar Application (Contract, Essays, and Reference).
- Student must be a born-again Christian.
- 3.2 GPA or above is required to be accepted into the program, and a 3.0 GPA to remain as a HIS Scholar.
- HIS scholarship is available for a maximum of 8 semesters and cannot be used for non-APU study abroad semesters.
- Student must be committed to all HIS program components to retain the scholarship.
Requirements and Expectations
- Monthly meeting with HIS counselor/mentor.
- 2-4 HIS Leadership gatherings/assignments per semester.
- On-going leadership experience per year (on-campus or off-campus).
- Spiritual discipleship with peer group and mentor.
- Vocational development.
- Completing at least one Leadership undergraduate class by the end of the first academic year.
- Choose a church home and attend regularly.
Other Requirements and Benefits
- 30-minute culmination presentation at the end of the program.
- One short-term leadership experience (Local or International).
How to Apply
To apply for this application , please complete and submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact information, and a brief statement about your interest in the scholarship. We will review all applications and select a recipient based on their qualifications.