For Canadian citizens, Azusa Pacific University (APU) provides the Haggard International Scholarship Program. Funds are available for first-year college students, and the amount of the grant is based on how much money the student needs.
Azusa Pacific University (APU) Awards are given out on a random basis, and eligibility is determined by financial necessity. You can submit an online application to apply. It’s possible that more paperwork may be needed.
The Haggard International Scholarship (HIS) Program supports Azusa Pacific University (APU) tradition of preparing and sending out Christian workers globally. The program gives scholarships and training in leadership to international students who show they are committed to Christianity, have leadership potential, and think about the world as a whole.
Also check: Price Benowitz LLP Scholarships 2023 USA
Eligibility is based on student need, leadership potential, Christian commitment, a global mindset, and academic abilities. The Azusa Pacific University HIS Program gives students money for tuition and gives them chances to learn how to be leaders in their home countries and around the world.
Also check: University of Winnipeg Scholarships 2023 Canada
More About Azusa Pacific University (APU)
In Azusa, California, there is a private, evangelical Christian university called Azusa Pacific University (APU). The university was established in Whittier, California, in 1899, and classes there started on March 3, 1900. It started awarding degrees there in 1939.
The Graduate School of Theology at the university adheres to a Wesleyan-Armenian theological theology. Azusa Pacific University (APU) offers more than 100 associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven other locations in Southern California.
Three colleges and seven schools make up Azusa Pacific University’s (APU) organizational structure. The academic programs are offered by the University College, School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences, School of Business and Management, School of Education, School of Nursing, and School of Theology, as well as the Honors College, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Music and the Arts, Leung School of Accounting, and College of Music and the Arts. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has granted APU accreditation (WASC).
- University Name: Azusa Pacific University (APU)
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: Educational Fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the international undergraduate students offered at the Azusa Pacific University
- Application Deadline: February 17, 2023
To qualify for Azusa Pacific University (APU) Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- For international undergraduate students in F-1 or J-1 student status.
- Regular admission to APU along with proof of funds for costs not covered by HIS.
- The grant is meant for global impact. Therefore, the student cannot take steps to stay in North America after their education and training (If a Canadian citizen, they cannot stay in the U.S.).
- Complete and Submit all parts of the HIS Scholar Application (Contract, Essays, and Reference).
- Student must be a born-again Christian.
- 3.2 GPA or above is required to be accepted into the program, and a 3.0 GPA to remain as a HIS Scholar.
- Azusa Pacific University HIS scholarship is available for a maximum of 8 semesters and cannot be used for non-APU study abroad semesters.
- Student must be committed to all HIS program components to retain the scholarship.
Requirements and Expectations
To qualify for Azusa Pacific University (APU) Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements and Expectations:
1# Annual Requirements
- Monthly meeting with HIS counselor/mentor.
- 2-4 HIS Leadership gatherings/assignments per semester.
- On-going leadership experience per year (on-campus or off-campus).
- Spiritual discipleship with peer group and mentor.
- Vocational development.
- Completing at least one Leadership undergraduate class by the end of the first academic year.
- Choose a church home and attend regularly.
2# Other Requirements and Benefits
- 30-minute culmination presentation at the end of the program.
- One short-term leadership experience (Local or International).
How to Apply?
To apply for the Azusa Pacific University (APU) scholarship, complete and submit all application materials linked below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. Friday, February 17, 2023.
- First-Time Haggard International Scholarship Program Application
Students will be notified of their application status by Friday, March 10, 2023. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- Please include your name, contact information, and a brief statement about your interest in the scholarship. We will review all applications and select a recipient based on their qualifications.
Azusa Pacific University (APU) Contact Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3720
Azusa Pacific University Location
South Side of Cougar Walk, Across from Shalom Café