You should pursue your education in the United States. The situation is improving! Berea College is now accepting applications for a financial aid scholarship. In this post, we will go over the specifics of this scholarship, including its requirements and the benefits it offers, as well as how to apply for it.
Undergraduate students from other countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship, which provides full funding for the recipient. All newly enrolled international students are eligible to receive full financial support from the scholarship throughout their first academic year at the university.
The Berea College Scholarship is currently accepting studies from international students from in any part of the world who are interested in enrolling in the undergraduate program at the Berea College located in the United States of America for the academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship will give one hundred percent of the necessary funding for the first year of attendance for any and all international students who enroll.
The costs of tuition, room and board, and other expenses are paid by a combination of financial aid and scholarships. Berea College is recognized as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the United States and provides international students with the opportunity to get complete financial support for their education. Berea College is currently accepting applications from individuals from outside of the United States who are interested in pursuing a career in education at the institution. The application period will run from now until the beginning of the next academic year.
Berea College has a strong tradition of making efforts to ensure that students of all different races, religions, and cultural backgrounds feel comfortable on campus. The admissions process at Berea College is fully competitive, and in order to be considered, you are need to fulfill a set of requirements.
Interesting Facts About Berea College
Students who are smart but don’t have a lot of money can still get a great education at Berea College. Tuition Promise Scholarships are given to every student at Berea, so they never have to pay tuition. Berea was the first college in the South to accept students of all races and genders. It was founded in 1855 and is often ranked as one of the best liberal arts schools in the country.
Berea’s educational experience provides students the knowledge and skills to navigate the world successfully. The College provides a challenging yet supportive learning environment. Whether in the classroom, attending a Convocation, interning, studying abroad or linking work with academic goals, the educational experience is truly like no other. Students have experiential learning opportunities in and out of the classroom.
Berea’s Tuition Promise Scholarships, students pay no tuition and graduate with little or no debt. Since the cost of tuition is already covered, students are able to use grants, such as the Pell grant, to help pay for housing and meals. Berea College only offers loans to students as a last resort when they cannot pay their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
As a federally recognized Work College, Berea doesn’t just admit students; it hires them. Student education at Berea involves academic and work components, both deeply grounded in learning.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Berea College
- Study in: USA
- Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline: October 15, 2023 / January 15, 2023
- Program Period: Four years or longer depending on the major.
- Courses Offered:
- Computer Science
- For more majors click here
The Berea College Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
- In subsequent years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses. The College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
- Accepted international students are expected to pay a $50 (US) entrance fee and a $2,200 (US) deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
- All international students are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US $2,000 the first year) to cover personal expenses.
Also check: UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 Canada
To qualify for Berea College Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language is English.
- All world countries are eligible.
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the Berea College Scholarship:
- Read the requirements carefully to check if your eligible here.
- Download and fill the application form from here.
- Mail the application form and send it alongside the rest of the requirements to Berea College Office of Admissions 209 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403 USA.
Berea College FAQs
is Berea College scholarship fully funded?
Berea College has no tuition. Our No-Tuition Promise covers all tuition for admitted students. The four-year No-Tuition Promise costs most Berea students about $176,000. Enroll Now!
What exactly requirements for admission in Berea College?
Berea College is academically selective. We seek students with high academic potential and financial need because each year’s starting class is small.
What is the rank of Berea College?
The 2022-2023 Best Colleges edition ranks Berea College #26 in National Liberal Arts Colleges. The South’s first interracial and coeducational college, Berea College located in Berea, Kentucky.