Brigham Young University is accepting applications for Financial Need Scholarships from outstanding students. For the academic year 2022/2023, a funding opportunity is available.
Financial Need Scholarships are available for outstanding individuals with financial needs who desire to pursue their undergraduate degree in the United States.
For its undergraduate and graduate business school programmes, Brigham Young University has achieved accolades and top 20 academic rankings. The Foreign Language Student Residence at BYU provides an intense foreign language living experience.
What are the benefits of attending Brigham Young University?
Students will benefit from quality instruction, flexibility, and facilities while attending this university, ensuring academic achievement. International students and intellectuals can fulfil their educational objectives here.
More About Brigham Young University
Brigham Young University (BYU) is a Utah-based private research university. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsors it, which was formed in 1875 by religious leader Brigham Young (LDS Church).
Liberal arts, engineering, agriculture, administration, physical and mathematical sciences, nursing, and law are just a few of the academic degrees available at BYU. There are 186 undergraduate majors, 64 master’s degrees, and 26 doctoral programmes available at the university.
At its main Provo site, it is divided into 11 colleges or schools, with particular colleges and divisions setting their own admissions standards. The institution also runs two satellite campuses in Jerusalem and Salt Lake City, and its parent organisation, the Church Educational System (CES), runs sister schools in Hawaii and Idaho. The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities has granted the university accreditation.
Almost every BYU student is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Students at BYU pledge to observe an honour code that includes academic honesty, adherence to dress and grooming standards, abstention from extramarital sex, same-sex amorous conduct, and drug and alcohol consumption.
Regardless of their topic of study, all undergraduate students must complete the LDS religious education curriculum in order to graduate. Nearly half of BYU students have lived outside of the United States, 65 percent speak a second language, and 63 languages are frequently taught at the university, thanks in part to the church’s emphasis on missionary activity.
BYU’s athletic teams compete in NCAA Division I and are referred to as the BYU Cougars. Their football team is a Division I independent, and their other sports teams compete in the West Coast Conference or the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation.
The sports teams at BYU have won a total of 12 NCAA championships and 26 non-NCAA titles. BYU formally accepted an invitation to the Big 12 Conference on September 10, 2021, and will begin competing in the conference in the 2023-24 academic year.
- University or Organization: Brigham Young University
- Department: N.A.
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Education funds
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 1st August 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Ability to study independently
- 21 years of age or older
- Proof of financial need
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or tax resident OR international student residing outside the U.S. or U.S. territories
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission through the university’s online portal. After that, apply for Financial Need Scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: You may be asked for a CV, academic transcripts, and certificates with the application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all the university’s entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have required proof of English proficiency regardless of time spent studying in the United States. TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores are valid for two years. A new score will be required if the exam expires before the application deadline.
Brigham Young University will provide educational funds to the scholarship winners in the USA for the academic year 2022-2023.