Continue your education in the Cardiff Metropolitan University, United Kingdom. There’s good news! The application period for Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships is currently open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2022-2023, which are partially sponsored scholarships. These scholarships are available at Cardiff Metropolitan University for undergraduate and master’s studies. These scholarships will provide students with a £5,000 tuition price reduction and access to exceptional amenities.
Undergraduate, postgraduate, and international students who excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching) are eligible for the Elite Sport Scholar Award. Students who meet the qualifications can apply for the award, which is based on a mix of academic merit and athletic achievements.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis, and students must demonstrate their continued dedication to Cardiff Met performance sport and personal sporting development in order to be eligible for the scheme for the course of their studies.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All courses offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Number of Scholarships: 32
Elite Sport Scholar Award provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Up to £5,000 discount from their programme tuition fees.
- Access to excellent facilities.
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics.
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
- Active yoga and recovery sessions.
- Performance workshops
Eligibility Criteria for Elite Sport Scholar Award
To be eligible for Elite Sport Scholar Award, these points should be considered:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
To be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
- be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
- be competing in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives.
- be competing at international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional).
- be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport.
- Students will be expected to compete for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition as a requirement of the scholarship.
- Students will be expected to represent Cardiff Met at open events and participate in promotion and marketing activities for the School of Sports and Health Science. Failure to do so could result in loss of scholarship.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and in possession of your Student ID Card in order for the catering or general campus allowance to be processed.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to successful progression onto the next year of study.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to progression of your level of sporting progress, which will be determined by the Performance Sport Panel.
- There will normally be no fourth year of the award, however consideration will be given for applicants who undertake a 4 year program (including Foundation), as well as those studying part time and/or postgraduate program.
- The award will not be provided to anyone having to re-sit a whole year, unless you have full mitigating circumstances for all re-sit credits. Further information on mitigating circumstances can be found in the Academic Handbook.
- You will have to re-apply each year (form for completion will be supplied by the Head of Performance Sport).
- This award is not available to those studying at franchise colleges. Please contact the college to discuss bursary and scholarship availability.
- You may not be in receipt of both the Elite Sport Scholar award and the Postgraduate Scholarship concurrently.
- The award package will be tailored to support students in achieving their potential within their chosen sport.
- The scholarship will be awarded by a panel, which will include the Head of Performance Sport, Students Union Sports Manager, and an academic member of staff.
How to Apply for Elite Sport Scholar Award?
Please follow the following application procedure to avail Elite Sport Scholar Award.
(1) Complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form here.
(2) Submitting it to the Head of Performance Sport with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details to allow for a recommendation to be requested.
Note: You will receive an automatic notification by email. If you do not receive this notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can confirm receipt. You will then receive confirmation that you are eligible, subject to meeting the Terms and Conditions.
Final confirmation of receipt of award will be confirmed once assessments are undertaken and prior to start your course.
To know more about Elite Sport Scholar Award, please visit the Official Website.