Begin your academic journey in Hubei, China. There’s good news! The Hubei Government Scholarship program is presently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the Hubei Government Scholarship 2022–2023 is a fully funded scholarship. The first fund of 35 million yuan ($5 million) for the scholarship came from the Beijing Municipal Education Commission. The scholarship has three levels. The highest level gives each winner 40,000 yuan, which is about $5,700.
Hubei is one of China’s most developed provinces in terms of education and research. There are more than 120 higher learning institutions in the country, including two of China’s Top Ten Universities (Wuhan University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology), as well as seven significant universities recognised in the National 211 Project. By the end of 2010, the number of undergraduate students in Hubei’s higher education institutions had risen to 1.4 million, while the number of postgraduate students had risen to 103 thousand.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Hubei Government
- Study in: China
- Courses Offered: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
- Hubei Government Scholarship Deadline: Between February and June
List of Universities which offer Hubei Government Scholarship
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Central China Normal University
- Wuhan University of Technology
- China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law
- Huazhong Agricultural University
- South-Central University for Nationalities
- Hubei University
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- Yangtze University
- Jianghan University
- Hubei University of Technology
- Wuhan Institute of Technology
- Wuhan Textile University
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Wuhan Polytechnic University
- Hubei University of Automobile Technology
- Hubei University for Nationalities
- Hubei University of Medicine
- Hubei University of Economics
- Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
- Hubei Institute of Fine Arts
- Wuhan Conservatory of Music
Hubei Government Scholarship Duration
- Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
Also check: Columbia University Action Fellowships USA 2023
Hubei Government Scholarship can be classified into 5 types:
- Undergraduate Scholarship is 10,000 per year;
- Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 RMB per year;
- Doctorate scholarship is 20,000 RMB per year;
- General Scholar Scholarship is 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year;
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter) is 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
Also check: Eastman Merit International Scholarship USA 2023
To qualify for Hubei Government Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants should be foreign citizens with valid passport and, should be friendly to China.
- Applicants should be well-behaved, hardworking, grade excellent and in good health.
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants should be within average age of 25 years old and have obtained degree equal to Chinese High School Degree or above.
- Graduate Scholarship applicants should within the average of 30 year old and have obtained bachelor degree.
- Doctorate Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 35 years old and have obtained master’s degree.
- All General Scholar Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 40 years old and Chinese language scholars should have obtained Higher School Degree or above, professional scholars should have obtained bachelor’s degree or above or should be university students in grade 2 or above.
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship applicants should have obtained master’s degree or above and associate professor title or above, and should be the average age of 50 years old.
- Applicants do not obtain any financial aid from Chinese government or other organizations.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
Also check: A*Star International Fellowship Singapore 2023
How to Apply?
Please follow the following step by step application instructions to avail Hubei Government Scholarship:
- Select a university which offer Hubei Government Scholarship (List of universities is given above)
- Once you finalize any university situated in Hubei then visit the website of that University in Hubei for “International Students” and locate Scholarships tab
- In Scholarships Section, click on Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship. Here you’ll find the complete procedure guide of that particular Hubei University with application forms and required document list but see below steps for the general procedure:
- List of Documents Required for Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship:
- Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship
- Copy of Passport
- Notarized highest Diploma
- Notarized Transcript or Certificate of Job Title
- Letter of Recommendation
- Health Certificate
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- If required by the university, fill its online application form as well on university website you chose to study in
- Find the address of the university to dispatch your admission documents.
Hubei Government FAQs
What GPA is required for Hubei Government Scholarship?
To earn a scholarship, you need a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4-point scale (80 on a 100-point scale) or above.
How can get fully funded scholarship in china?
The average annual tuition at public institutions in China is between 2,500 and 10,000 USD. There are also several programs available that are completely funded.