Columbia College Provost Scholarships programme for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Columbia College scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and will pay the cost of the programme at Columbia College. This scholarship is open to newly graduated high school students from the United States or any other country who desire to study or are already enrolled in a programme at Columbia College.
Columbia Institution is a community college that is a leader in higher education due to its commitment to improving lives via quality education. It sought to be a cutting-edge institution of higher learning across the country, committed to excellence in both traditional and non-traditional programmes.
Why should you consider Columbia College as a place to study? Columbia College is a globally recognised higher education institution that serves students on its own residential campus, online, and at more than 30 educational venues across the United States.
For its well-designed programmes that give learners of all ages with the skills they need to flourish in today’s and tomorrow’s workforces, it has been designated one of the top schools in the country.
More About Columbia College
Columbia College is Columbia University’s oldest undergraduate college, located on the university’s main campus in Morningside Heights, Manhattan, New York City. The Church of England established King’s College in 1754, and King George II of Great Britain granted it a royal charter. It is the fifth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States and the oldest in the state of New York.
In 2021, U.S. News & World Report recognised Columbia College (together with Columbia Engineering) as the second best college in the United States. The college is known for its extensive Core Curriculum and is one of the most selective colleges in the country when it comes to admissions.
James Valentini took over as Dean of Columbia College in 2011 when Michele Moody-Adams resigned. The Columbia College Student Council (CCSC) is elected by Columbia College students to act as their primary representative, advocate, and liaison to the Columbia University community, including administration, professors, alumni, and students, as well as the general public.
- University or Organization: Columbia College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $18,605
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 30th June 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to apply for any undergraduate course of subject offered by Columbia College.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new incoming full-time students.
- The applicants must be admitted to a full-time undergraduate programme at the college.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, the students must apply using the application platform of the college by registering for an account and then logging in. Applicants will be considered for the scholarships upon submission of admission applications.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts from high school
- High school graduation certificate (for University programs)
- Copy of bio-data page of the passport
- Admission Requirements: The students must hold a minimum 3.0 High School GPA to be admitted to any undergraduate programme at Columbia College.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 54 or higher
- TOEFL PBT – 480 or higher
- PTE – 42 or higher
- IELTS – 5.0
- iTEP Academic – 5
- Duolingo English Test – 80 or higher
The scholarship winners of the award will be presented with $18,605 per annum, $18,605 for four years, to cover the tuition fee of the applied undergraduate programme at Columbia College.