PhD Studentships in Improved Bio-recovery of Metals from Lithium-ion Batteries for Sustainable Recycling in the UK are available at Coventry University for the academic year 2022-2023, and are open to appropriately qualified graduates.
This Coventry University PhD scholarship covers tuition, as well as a stipend or bursary. International and local students with prior experience operating laboratory-scale bioreactors, as well as knowledge and experience in metal recovery techniques and bioinformatics, will be considered for admission.
The Coventry University is an English public research university. It is ranked 50th in the country and adheres to the principle of academic freedom, which is based on rational investigation carried out with honesty.
What makes Coventry University such a good place to study? Coventry University is a modern university with specialized staff and facilities in each of its academic schools, as well as an environment and services aimed at assisting students in reaching their full potential. Coventry’s reputation for providing a positive student experience is built on a solid foundation of academic and welfare support.
More About Coventry University
Coventry University is an English public research university located in Coventry. Coventry University may trace its roots back to the Coventry School of Design, which was founded in 1843. From 1970 to 1987, it was known as Lanchester Polytechnic, and then as Coventry Polytechnic until 1992, when the Further and Higher Education Act granted it university status, and the name was changed to Coventry University.
The Coventry University is the greater of the city’s two universities, the other being the University of Warwick. It is the fastest growing university in the UK, as well as the country’s sixth largest overall and the fourth largest outside of London. It has two main campuses: one in Coventry city centre, where the majority of its operations are based, and one in Central London, where business and management courses are offered.
Coventry University also governs CU Coventry, CU Scarborough, and CU London, all of which describe themselves as “alternatives to mainstream higher education.” Around 300 undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered by its four faculties, which are made up of schools and departments. There are 11 research centres within the institution that specialise in various topics ranging from agroecology and peace studies to the future of transportation. The Coventry University was awarded a Gold in 2017. (TEF). The Coventry University Alliance mission group includes Coventry.
Coventry University Studentship Description
- University or Organization: Coventry University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Deadline: PhD candidates interested in applying for this project must submit their applications by 29th April 2022.
Eligibility For Coventry University Studentship
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU/International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study in Improved bio recovery of metals from lithium-ion batteries for sustainable recycling at Coventry can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have Knowledge of basic microbiological and bio molecular techniques.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply through the university’s application portal. Application for the project must be made here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Two academic
- Scanned copies of your undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree certificates
- Scanned copies of your undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree transcripts/diploma supplements
- A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s (honors) degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum classification of 2:1 and a minimum mark of 60% in the project element (or equivalent), or an equivalent award from an overseas institution and the first degree in microbiology, biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biological sciences, environmental sciences or a closely-related discipline is essential.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 90
Successfully selected PhD candidates will be awarded a bursary, tuition fees, plus additional allowances throughout their study at Coventry University.