DAAD GSSP Scholarships, Do you lack the necessary funds to perform a research study in another country? Then this is the chance for you! For the academic year 2022-2023, apply now for the DAAD GSSP Scholarships for International Students at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain in Germany.
This DAAD-sponsored scholarship is available to international research students who wish to study at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain. The school will choose candidates and pay their tuition, stipends, travel allowances, medical insurance, and other expenses.
The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin’s Berlin School of Mind and Brain is a graduate program (HU Berlin). It is a graduate research school that is both international and interdisciplinary. It was established in 2006. The Excellence Initiative provides financial support to the school.
Why should you pick the Berlin School of Mind and Brain to further your education? The Berlin School of Mind and Brain has established itself as a major hub for collaboration between human, social, and neurological sciences, with significant national and international clout. The Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin (ECN), which was created in 2016, is one of its founding members.
The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin’s Berlin School of Mind and Brain is a graduate school (HU Berlin). A two-year Master’s degree program in “Mind and Brain” and a three-year doctoral program are available. English is used for transdisciplinary research, teaching, and training. Our research focuses on the intersection of the humanities, behavioral sciences, and neuroscience.
Our graduate school is a founding member of the Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin, and we are hosting the national Max Planck School of Cognition from 2018 to 2025, in collaboration with HU Berlin. For 2018–2023, we are linked with the DFG-funded Research Training Group 2386 “Extrospection,” and for 2018–2025, we interact closely with the doctorate program of Excellence Cluster 2002 “Science of Intelligence” at TU and HU Berlin.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by January 2022.
DAAD GSSP Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Berlin School of Mind and Brain
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee, Stipend, and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
Eligibility For DAAD GSSP Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a doctoral study programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be admitted to the applied programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
How to Apply DAAD GSSP Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students are required to have submitted an online admission application. The school’s committee will then shortlist students for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letters
- Transcripts of records for your bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Certificates/diplomas of studies completed
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold relevant bachelor or master qualifications and must have a strong research proposal.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL: Internet-based test: 94. Paper-based test:
- IELTS (Academic): 0(computer-based tests in a local testing center, paper-based, or taken online)
- DAAD Language Certificate: Bin all test sections
DAAD GSSP Scholarship Benefits
The selected students will be provided the following benefits during their study periods at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain:
- scholarship installments of € 1,200 per month;
- travel allowance to and from Germany
- payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- a research allowance of € 460 resp. €230 (from developed countries) per year
- under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits such as monthly rent subsidy, monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about € 200 child allowance per child and about € 275 marriage allowance)
- a German language course (if desired and possible with respect to the starting date of the scholarship)
- a material resource and supervision allowance of currently € 1,000 per year, which is paid upon application to your supervisor’s lab