De Montfort University is happy to announce the International Undergraduate High Achiever Scholarships for full-time undergraduate students starting in the academic year 2022/2023.
International students who have received a score of 70% or above in their prior studies are eligible for a £5,000 grant or a full fee waiver. Only the first year of a full-time undergraduate programme at the university is eligible for De Montfort University scholarship.
De Montfort University Scholarship awardees will be required to produce documented evidence to their academic staff to verify their continued commitment to their studies.
De Montfort University Leicester is an English public university located in Leicester. The institution has roughly 27,000 full-time and part-time students, 3,240 employees, and a £168 million yearly turnover. In the Best Global Universities list, De Montfort University is rated 1219th.
Why should you pick De Montfort University to further your education? The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), the only UK Government-endorsed measure of teaching excellence in UK higher education, awarded DMU Gold, the highest attainable rating. This honour De Montfort University outstanding teaching and learning.
More About De Montfort University
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) is an English public university located in Leicester. It was created in 1992 as a degree awarding authority under the Further and Higher Education Act. De Montfort University was named after Simon de Montfort, a 13th-century Earl of Leicester who is credited with founding England’s first Parliament in 1265.
De Montfort University has roughly 27,000 full-time and part-time students, 3,240 employees, and a £168 million yearly turnover. Art, Design, and Humanities (ADH), Business and Law (BAL), Health and Life Sciences (H&LS), and Computing, Engineering, and Media (CEM) are the four colleges that make up the university (CEM).
It is a United Nations-led Sustainable Development Hub that focuses on Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions, and was founded in 2018. In the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework, the Department of Education gave the university a Gold rating. It is a member of the Commonwealth Universities Association.
De Montfort Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: De Montfort University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Application Deadline: The closing date to apply for the scholarship is midnight on Monday, 11 July 2022.
Eligibility For De Montfort Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Hold an offer of admission from De Montfort University for a full-time undergraduate course starting September 2022.
- To be assessed as an International fee payer.
- To have achieved 70% or above in your high school or equivalent studies to be eligible for a £3,000 scholarship.
- To have achieved 75% or above in your high school or equivalent studies to be eligible for a £5,000 scholarship.
- To be eligible for a full fee waiver, you have achieved 80% or above in your high school or equivalent studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply via the online portal. After that, applicants must submit a High Achievers Scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the University:
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference for undergraduate study or two references for postgraduate study
- Some of our creative courses may ask for a portfolio.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
The University of De Montfort University will provide a £3,000 to £5,000 or a full fee waiver to International students who have achieved a score of 70% or above in their previous studies. This award is only applicable for the first year of a full-time undergraduate course at the University.