Start your academic study in Australia. There’s good news! A scholarship at Deakin University is now open. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process in this article.
International students can apply for Deakin University Scholarships 2022-2023, which are fully funded scholarships. These scholarships will include a salary of $28,600 per year, a relocation allowance of $500 to $1,500, and health insurance for postgraduate studies.
The Australian Government funds the RTP (formerly APA) scholarships, while Deakin University funds the DUPR scholarships. Both domestic and international students are eligible for these rewards. Only the top-scoring candidates will be offered an RTP.
One of their international scholarships may be able to transform you in changing your life. They provide scholarships to students who have excelled academically and have the capacity to contribute positively to the University and its community.
- Level of Study: Masters / Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): Deakin University
- Study in: Australia
- Deadline: Open throughout the year
- Arts and Education
- Business and Law
- Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Frontier Materials
- Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
Deakin University Scholarships will provide:
- A stipend of $28,092 or $28,600 per annum tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Deakin University Scholarships
To qualify for Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent level of academic achievement.
- For Doctoral degree:
-Completion of research project in a related area including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 70% or equivalent.
-Masters Degree (Research) in a related area.
- For Master Degree:
-Completion of research project including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 65% or equivalent.
- Check the link for further information about the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for Deakin University Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Check the entry pathways to check eligibility from here and Find a supervisor: Before you start your application, please contact a supervisor for advice on your research topic and proposal. get information about contacting a supervisor from here.
(2) Prepare relevant documents/information, required the following:
- Resume or Curriculum vitae.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Previous research degree.
- Publications information.
- Bibliographic information.
- Providing proof of identification and citizenship.
- Provide an evidence of English proficiency, check the page of how to apply to determine the minimum English requirements from here.
- Two referee reports from current or former lecturers or academic or employment supervisors. you can see the template from here.
- Prepare your proposal: Provide a brief outline of your proposed research topic, check the guidelines for the proposal from here.
(3) Apply online through here, and check first of your targeted faculty is requiring an expression of interest or not before applying, then complete the procedures.
(4) Remember to mail in certified copies, the copies must be certified before sending it by one of the following authorized people:
- A justice of the peace.
- Notary public.
- Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955).
- Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside of Australia.
- A recruitment agent for international students.
Mailing address: HDR International Admissions Officer
221 Burwood Highway
For further information about the applying process check here.
To know more about Deakin University Scholarships , please visit Official Website.