Begin your academic studies in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! The Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship application period is now open.
We will go through the details of the Dean’s Award scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
For international students, the Dean’s for Academic Excellence Scholarship is a partially financed scholarship. The Dean’s Award scholarship is available for master’s studies at the University of Bath in the United Kingdom. Eight Dean’s for Academic Excellence Scholarships worth $5,000 will be awarded by each of the faculties
The Deans Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, which is given out on the basis of academic excellence, aims to recognize students who have strong academic credentials and a track record of performance and success.
More About The University of Bath
The University of Bath is a public research university in Bath, Somerset, England. Following the Robbins Report, it received its royal charter in 1966, along with a number of other institutions. Bath, like the Universities of Bristol and the West of England, can trace its origins back to the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College, which was founded as a school in Bristol in 1595 by the Society of Merchant Venturers. The main campus of the university is located on Claverton Down, a site overlooking the city of Bath, and was purpose-built beginning in 1964 in the modernist style of the time.
According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 32 percent of Bath’s submitted research activity received the highest possible classification of 4, which is defined as world-leading in terms of originality, significance, and rigor. 87 percent received a 4/3* rating, indicating that they were world-leading or internationally excellent. The institution’s annual income for 2020–21 was £289.5 million, with £37.2 million coming from research grants and contracts and an expenditure of £320.7 million.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of MBAs, the European Quality Improvement System, the European University Association, Universities UK, and GW4 are all members of the university.
The University of Bath can be traced back to the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College (whose alumni include physicists Paul Dirac and Peter Higgs), a school founded in 1595 and a technical school founded in Bristol in 1856 that became part of the Society of Merchant Venturers in 1885. Meanwhile, in the neighbouring city of Bath, the Bath School of Pharmacy was established in 1907. In 1929, it became a part of the Technical College.
The Bristol Education Authority took over control of the college in 1949; it was renamed Bristol College of Technology in 1950, and Bristol College of Science and Technology in 1960, when it became one of ten technical colleges overseen by the Ministry of Education. The college was primarily housed in the former Muller’s Orphanage at Ashley Down in Bristol, which now houses a portion of the City of Bristol College and the remainder has been converted into residential housing.
Dean’s Award Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Bath
- Study in: United Kingdom
- Courses Offered: Masters degree offered in the following 3 faculties:
–Faculty of Engineering & Design,
–Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
–Faculty of Science.
- Program Period: According to program
- Deadline: This scholarship is open to applicants of all nationalities (UK and International applicants).
Dean’s Award Scholarship Coverage
Each of the Faculties will award eight Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarships worth £5,000. The awards are available for full-time taught master’s courses and can only be used as fee waivers towards the cost of tuition fees.
- 8 x £5,000 scholarships available in the Faculty of Engineering & Design
- 8 x £5,000 scholarships available in the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- 8 x £5,000 scholarships available in the Faculty of Science
Eligibility Criteria for Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship
To qualify for Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- You must hold an offer from the University of Bath for a full-time taught master’s course.
- The course must be based in the Faculty of Engineering & Design, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences or Faculty of Science.
- For more information click here.
How to Apply for Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship:
- Apply to full-time taught masters course in one of the following faculties: Faculty of Engineering & Design, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences or Faculty of Science.
- Apply for the scholarship: To apply, you must complete the University of Bath scholarship application form using your application tracker. We will ask you to complete 3-5 questions as part of the scholarship application process.
Note: You can apply for this scholarship once you have an offer to study with us.
To learn more about the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship, please visit Official Website.