Start your academic journey in Canada. There’s good news! International Student Scholarships at Douglas College are now available.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process in this article. International students can apply for the Douglas College International Student Scholarship 2022-2023, which is an undergraduate scholarship. This scholarship will cover up to CAD 7000 in tuition costs. Each academic year, a maximum of 5 qualified grantees will be chosen.
This scholarship was established in 2017 to aid in the recruiting of international undergraduate students who participate in sports activities to Douglas College, as well as to assist them with their finances and to compensate the difference in tuition prices between international and domestic students.
This prize is contingent on the student’s academic performance during the year. Each academic year, a maximum of 5 qualified grantees will be chosen. The scholarships will be distributed evenly between the Fall and Winter semesters.
Douglas College is the institution of British Columbia’s largest public degree-granting college. There are around 17,000 credit students, 8,500 continuing education students, and 4,210 international students enrolled at this institution.
Douglas College offers bachelor’s degrees, as well as regular university arts and science courses and career programmes in health care, human services, business, and the creative arts.
Douglas College Founded in 1970, the college is named after the former Governor of British Columbia, Sir James Douglas. In 1981, Kwantlen College split off from Douglas College.
The coat of arms of Douglas College was unveiled to the public on January 21, 2020. Carrielynn Victor, a Coast Salish artist, created the emblem for the college’s 50th anniversary. The emblem was the first in Canada’s history to be entirely designed by an Indigenous artist.
The emblem’s heart represents the college’s slogan, “Do what you love.” The crown on top is constructed of cedar, which is a locally grown wood. On top of the crest is a raven, which is meant to signify cunning.
The raven is surrounded by two Douglas fir trees, which are meant to signify a connection to the college’s name. Below the shield are the words “Excellence, Knowledge, Passion” in the Coast Salish language. The use of Indigenous language is a nod to the reference that the college is located on First Nations land.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Douglas College
- Study in: British Colombia, Canada
- Program Period: One year. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester
- Deadline: January 31 / May 31 / September 30, 2022
- Child, Family & Community Studies
- Social work
- Therapeutic recreation
- Commerce & Business Administration
- Health Sciences
- Nursing – Psychiatry
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Science & Technology
- Sport Science
For a list of full specialties, you can check this link.
Douglas College International Student Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- The scholarship covers up to CAD 7000 of the tuition fees
Eligibility Criteria for Douglas College International Student Scholarship
To qualify for Douglas College International Student Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- For taking admission, applicants need to submit a High School Diploma with a minimum GPA of 60% equivalent or greater.
- Applicants should meet the English Language requirements (TOEFL iBT – minimum score 83, IELTS Academic module – minimum overall band test score 6.5).
- For more information about the admission requirements, Contact Douglas College International.
How to Apply for Douglas College International Student Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Douglas College International Student Scholarship:
(1) After receiving an admission offer from the college, apply for the scholarship by clicking the “Apply now” button below to download and fill the application form.
(2) Submit the required documents below to the following address:
Mailing: Douglas College International Admissions Room 2800
700 Royal Ave
New Westminster BC, V3M 5Z5 Canada
- The application form, completed and signed by the student.
- International waiver of anyone with access to the admission information.
- Scan of passport and the study permit (if applicable).
- proof of graduation with certified original copies if in a language other than English.
- language proof.
- A non-refundable CAD 100 application fee receipt. Pay at the Fly wire Payment Portal for Douglas College:
Note: Before making an application fee payment, please contact Douglas International at email@example.com to confirm the program availability.
To know more about Douglas College International Student Scholarship, please visit Official Website.