You can apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarships programme at (ECNU) East China Normal University if you want to study in China with a funding programme.
The Shanghai Government Scholarships programme’s development is to help Shanghai’s international student education grow and attract more excellent international students to ECNU.
East China Normal University is a Shanghai-based comprehensive public research university. The Great China University and Kwang Hua University merged to form this institute, which is now ranked 371st in the Best Global Universities list. It is frequently regarded as one of China’s most prestigious universities.
Why should you choose East China Normal University as your university of choice?
East China Normal University is regarded as one of China’s most reputable universities. It holds a prominent position in this field as one of the earliest Chinese universities to offer international Chinese education. ECNU is steadily changing itself into a world-class university with multiple world-class disciplines and well-coordinated discipline development, as well as leading China’s teacher education development.
Interesting Facts About East China Normal University
East China Normal University (ECNU), founded in Shanghai in October 1951, is one of China’s most prestigious universities, supported by the national top university construction programmes “Project 211” and “Project 985”. In 2017, the Chinese government named ECNU as one of 36 Class A universities on the list of China’s Double First Class University Plan.
ECNU has long been renowned as a Garden University, with two lovely campuses in Shanghai’s Minhang and Putuo districts, comprising a total area of more than 207 hectares.
ECNU has grown swiftly into a comprehensive research university since China’s opening to the outside world in 1978. The University currently has four faculties, thirty full-time schools, four colleges, eight advanced research institutes, one college of further education, and one national training center for secondary school principals.
There are 84 undergraduate programmes in the humanities, education, science, engineering, economics, management, philosophy, psychology, law, history, and art offered by the university’s 58 departments. There are additionally 30 doctoral programmes, 36 master’s programmes, one professional doctoral programme, 21 professional master’s programmes, and 26 post-doctoral mobile research stations available at the university.
As the first normal university created after the People’s Republic of China was founded in 1949, ECNU has placed a premium on teacher training. The Ministry of Education’s Training Center for Secondary School Principals, which is based at ECNU, is a one-of-a-kind resource for secondary school principal training on the Chinese mainland as well as advanced studies for secondary schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
ECNU has two State Key Laboratories, one National Engineering Research Center, one National Field Observation and Research Station, seven Key Laboratories or Engineering Centers, six Key Research Bases for Humanities and Social Sciences, one Ministry of Education Base for Strategic Studies, and one Ministry of Education International Cooperation Laboratory.
For the Shanghai Municipality, it also includes 10 Key Labs or Engineering Centers, 7 Social Sciences Innovation Bases and Studios, and two university think tanks. Nearly 30 academic journals and magazines are sponsored or supervised by the university. It contains a library collection of about 4,800,000 volumes, as well as 47 linked primary, secondary, and kindergarten schools.
Shanghai Government Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program
- Award: Full or Partial
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is May 10.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program in any field offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and under 40.
- Students that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply to SGS.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in here and apply for the Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program at the East China Normal University. After that, complete the Scholarship application.
- Supporting Documents: Submit High School Graduation Certificate, copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have high school qualifications or above with a valid foreign passport.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- For Chinese-taught programs: copy the effective (within 2 yrs) HSK certificate.
- For English taught programs: IELTS (6.0 or above) / TOEFL (85 or above) / Cambridge English (B2 or above) certificate
- Type A (Full scholarship).
- Exempt from tuition fees and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500).
- Type B (Partial scholarship).
- Exempt from tuition fees and provide comprehensive medical insurance.