The ETH Zurich PhD Scholarships in Additive Manufacturing Design and Sustainable Production are proudly announced by the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering at ETH Zurich. The job is planned for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The programme seeks to assist domestic and foreign students who wish to pursue a PhD in sustainable production and additive manufacturing design in Switzerland.
The Swiss Federal Government founded ETH Zurich in 1854 with the intention of teaching scientists and engineers, with an emphasis primarily on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Leading status is enjoyed by ETH Zurich in both academia and business. There are 24,500 students from more than 120 nations, 4,460 of whom are doctorate candidates.
One of the top colleges in the world for science and technology, ETH Zurich is renowned for its innovative research. At the master’s level, ETH Zurich offers its students a vibrant international atmosphere. One of the best universities in the world is ETH Zurich.
More About ETH Zurich
In the Swiss city of Zürich, there is an open research university called ETH Zurich. The institution, which was established in 1854 by the Swiss Federal Government with the declared goal of training engineers and scientists, largely concentrates on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
It is a part of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology Domain, which is a division of the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education, and Research, just as its sister university EPFL.
After the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, and Imperial College London, ETH Zurich was placed eighth in the world in the QS World Institution Rankings for 2022, making it the fourth-best university in Europe.
It was rated first for earth and marine science and fourth overall for engineering and technology in the 2021 QS World University Rankings by subject. It was placed second in Europe. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2021–22, ETH was rated 15th globally.
ETH Zurich enjoys a top-tier reputation in both academics and business. There are 24,500 students enrolled as of 2021 from more than 120 nations, 4,460 of them are doctorate candidates.
22 Nobel laureates, including Albert Einstein and John von Neumann, two Fields Medalists, three Pritzker Prize winners, and one Turing Award winner, have been associated with the Institute. It is a founder member of the CESAER network, the IDEA League, and the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU).
- University or Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: Department of mechanical and process engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by August 31, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in additive manufacturing design and sustainable production offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Ideally, the candidate has experience with additive manufacturing. The position requires prior knowledge and interest in design, modeling, simulation, and experimental work. An independent work style and the ability to work in a team are important.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the stipend, applicants must submit an online application form. Please get in touch with Prof. Mirko Meboldt (email@example.com). Applications by e-mail or postal mail will not be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students must have a cover letter, academic transcripts, a CV, and a passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering, process engineering, and food science.
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
ETH Zurich will provide the salary for applicants. They offer an inspiring, supportive, and team-based research environment that helps you to create your research and expertise profile. Their team shares a common mission to make a measurable impact in research and translation to the industry.