To aid in the recruitment of international PhD candidates, the Freie University of Berlin has decided to give Test Scholarships to eligible international students.
For the academic year 2022-2023, the scholarships are available to be accepted in Germany.
This scholarship program is only open to international students. Applicants for PhD programs are welcome to apply. To be considered for this scholarship worth EUR 1,300, interested students must submit a CV and a proposal.
Berlin’s Freie University is a public research university. Its purpose is to broaden the integration of sustainability issues into university curricula and to execute the concept of Education for Sustainable Development, ranking 111th in Best Global Universities.
Why should you study at the Berlin Freie University? Since 2007, the Freie University of Berlin has been one of Germany’s top universities for research and teaching. In both rounds of the previous competition, the German Excellence Initiative, the university was recognized as an excellent university in 2006/2007 and 2012.
More About Freie University of Berlin
The Freie University of Berlin is a German public research university. It is one of eleven exceptional German research institutions that make up the German Universities Excellence Initiative. It is routinely listed among Germany’s top 10 universities, with particular strengths in political science and the humanities. It is a top university according to international university rankings.
The Freie University was established in West Berlin in 1948 with American support during the early Cold War period as a de facto western continuation of the Frederick William University, which was located in East Berlin and was subject to communist repression; its name refers to West Berlin’s status as part of the Western Freie World, as opposed to the communist-controlled university in East Berlin.
The Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies was founded in 2008 by the Freie University of Berlin, the Hertie School of Governance, and the WZB Social Science Research Center Berlin in collaboration.
The university now has three main campuses: Dahlem, Düppel, which houses animal clinics and other veterinary medicine-related institutes, and the Geocampus in Lankwitz, which houses the Department of Earth Sciences. The Charité – University Medicine Berlin, a collaborative institution with Humboldt University, houses the medical department of the Freie University of Berlin. The university library system is Germany’s largest university library system, with over 8.5 million volumes.
The Freie University has nearly 400 international partner universities, many of which are part of the ERASMUS programme. Freie University is one of Germany’s best universities, according to numerous worldwide rankings. The Freie University was one of eleven universities to win the German Excellence Initiative, a national competition sponsored by the German government, in 2007 (and again in 2012). Five Nobel Laureates and 15 Leibniz Prize winners are among the university’s alumni.
Freie University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Freie University of Berlin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: EURO 1,300
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Deadline: The application deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters is 1st April 2022 and 1st November 2022 respectively.
Eligibility For Freie University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake PhD degree study programs at FU Berlin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
How to Apply Freie University Scholarship
- How to Apply: Doctoral candidates need to submit an online application form for admission. The students must submit the scholarship application form and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the formal PhD requirements of the university and submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ILETS – 4.5 to 5.0
- TOEFL PBT – 450 to 500
- TOEFL CBT – 130 to 170
- TOEFL IBT – 60 to 80
- UNICert – I to II
Freie University Scholarship Benefits
Selected PhD candidates will be given this scholarship consisting of a monthly scholarship of EURO 1,300 (maximum of three months) and a travel allowance.