Frostburg State University is dedicated to providing high quality education to all students.
As a result, for the academic year 2022-2023 in the United States, it is offering HAROLD R. ROWE International Student Scholarships.
The studentship is available to outstanding students interested in pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Based on the number of applicants and the total money available, the award is worth $1,000. Academic qualifications, experience, and professional aspirations will be used to make the selection.
Frostburg State University, located in Frostburg, Maryland, was established in 1898. In the category of Regional Universities North, it was rated 109th. It aspires to prepare future leaders to address the challenges of a complex and changing world. It has a total student body of 4,858 and provides 47 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate degrees, and a doctorate in educational leadership.
Why should you attend Frostburg State University to further your education? Frostburg offers a one-of-a-kind, valuable education to everyone! Whatever major you choose, you’ll benefit from high-quality, active learning opportunities that will prepare you for the real world.
More About Frostburg State University
Frostburg State Institution (FSU) is a Maryland public university located in Frostburg. The university is the University System of Maryland’s only four-year institution west of the Baltimore-Washington corridor in the state’s Appalachian highlands. Frostburg, founded in 1898 by Maryland State Senator John Leake, was chosen because it provided the greatest eligible location at no cost to the state. Today, the university is primarily a residential one.
The university, which has a total enrollment of 4,858 students, offers 47 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate degrees, and a PhD in educational leadership. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education has accredited the university, which emphasizes its position as a teaching and learning institution.
Frostburg State University’s three colleges provide 47 undergraduate degrees, 80 specialized programs, and 16 graduate degrees:
- College of Business Administration
- University of Education
- Liberal Arts and Sciences College
The Center for Communications and Information Technology at Frostburg State University
Frostburg State University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) has granted the College of Business accreditation. The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, and the Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions have all granted accreditation to the College of Education (COAPRT).
Frostburg also offers students the opportunity to study in 140 different locations across the world. Mary Immaculate College Exchange Program (Ireland), Beijing Normal University in Beijing (China), ESC Rennes School of Business (France), Nagasaki University Exchange Program (Japan), Baden-Wurttemberg Cooperative State University Exchange Program (Germany), and Kyung Hee University Exchange Program are just a few of the exchange programs and partnerships (Korea).
- University or Organization: Frostburg State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Deadline: Application must be received by July 1 for the summer (July-August) and fall semesters.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for an undergraduate and graduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for full-time enrollment at FSU.
- The recipient(s) must have an overall grade point average of at least 2.5. Previous recipients may re-apply annually as long as he/she is eligible.
- Preference will be given to applicants having demonstrated financial need.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must enroll in the university’s undergraduate program and graduate program via online application. After that, you have to complete the online scholarships form.
- Supporting Documents: Submit official or school-certified academic transcript(s) from all high schools and/or colleges/universities attended and 500 words essay.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a high-school degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL Graduate (550P/213C/79iBT), Undergraduate and Exchange (500P/173C/61iBT)
- IELTS Graduate (6.0),Undergraduate and Exchange (5.5)
- ELS Language Centers- Graduate and Undergraduate Level 112
- Inlingua English Center- Graduate and Undergraduate Level 8
- The Language Company (TLC)- Graduate and Undergraduate (Level 9), Exchange (Level 7)
- LADO International Institute- Graduate and Undergraduate Level 10
- iTEP Graduate (4.5), Undergraduate (3.6, no sub-score below 3.5), Exchange (3.5)
- EIKEN Graduate (Pre-1), Undergraduate (2A)
- Evergreen Academy
Each successful scholar will receive the award of $1000 based on the number of applicants in the USA.