Apply for the Host Scholarships for the Ukrainian and Russian Student Community presented by Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC) for the academic year 2022-2023 to receive funding to begin your academic career in Canada.
Students from Ukraine and Russia who want to enrol in a graduate programme or a research internship at a university or college in Quebec are the target audience for this programme.
The three funds, Nature and Technology, Health, and Society and Culture (FRQSC), each have their own independent goals and governing bodies. Bill 130, which aimed to restructure the three Quebec granting funds, established the fundamental framework of the Quebec Research Funds on July 1, 2011.
Why enrol in a programme at the Quebec Research Fund for Society and Culture (FRQSC)?
In order to foster the growth of knowledge and innovation, the FRQNT fosters and supports the best possible research and the education of the next generation of scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. We provide them with financial assistance while assuring the strategic and cogent advancement of research in mathematics, the natural sciences, and engineering at the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT).
More About Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC).
The government of Quebec founded the non-profit Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC) with the goal of advancing research in the social and human sciences, as well as in the sectors of education, management, the arts, and literature.
It is one of the three Fonds de recherche du Québec and one of the primary funding sources for university research in Quebec, together with the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) and the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS). It reports to the Ministry of Research, Science, and Higher Education (MESRS).
The Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology Act, which supersedes the Ministry of Economic Development, Innovation and Exportation Act, established the FRQSC. A board of directors chosen by the Quebec government oversees the FRQSC.
There are no more than 15 people involved in this. In addition to the Joint Committee on Responsible Conduct in Research and the Intersectoral Student Committee, which directly reports to the Chief Scientist, the Board of Directors is supported by four statutory committees: the Committee on Ethics and Scientific Integrity, the Governance Committee, the Programs Committee, and the Audit Committee.
FRQSC Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Quebec Research Fund – Society and Culture (FRQSC).
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters program / research internship.
- Award: Variable
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine and Russian student.
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received at all times.
Eligibility For FRQSC Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Ukraine and Russian student.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Ukrainian or Russian passport on the date of submission of the application.
- Hold a residence permit (refugee application or visa).
- Justify its request.
- Have not already started the training program.
- Plan to work on a research project or do an internship in one of the research fields covered by the FRQSC.
- Have confirmation that the director of the research or the internship supervisor accepts the student in their team.
- Plan for a continuous physical presence in Quebec (FRQSC) for the duration of the funding, excluding the periods of release provided for in the university calendar. Candidates who continue their training under joint supervision are also subject to this rule. In their case, a study stay in the country targeted by the cotutelle is not permitted.
How to Apply For FRQSC Scholarship
- How to Apply: To create a folder in FRQnet, it is essential to create a user account. Once the user account has been created, candidates can find the Electronic application form in their Electronic Portfolio.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have required a copy of a Ukrainian or Russian passport.
- Residence permit or proof that an application has been made (email, acknowledgment of receipt, etc.)
- Letter of presentation/motivation, including the proof requested in the Eligibility conditions section.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must follow the application and meet the academic criteria for the course they are applying for at Quebec (FRQSC).
- Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate that they have a good written and spoken English level.
FRQSC Scholarship Benefits
The university will provide all the following FRQSC Scholarship benefits:
- Programs and Scholarship duration – Total Amount
- Master’s (2 YEARS) – $17,500 per year; $35,000 in total
- Doctorate (3 YEARS) – $21,000 per year; $63,000 in total
- Post-doctorate (2 YEARS) – $45,000 per year; $90,000 in total