For the academic term 2022/2023, the University of Gothenburg invites outstanding students to apply for International PhD Student Positions in Theoretical Plasma Physics.
Candidates from all around the world apply to the university’s educational programme in order to begin a full-time PhD programme.
The University of Gothenburg was founded in 1981 and is one of the leading universities in northern Europe. It is certified environmentally friendly and actively promotes long-term development.
What are the benefits of studying at the University of Gothenburg?
The University of Gothenburg is dedicated to fostering creativity and innovation, as well as expanding knowledge and stimulating critical thinking. By learning new knowledge and perspectives, Gothenburg students and researchers contribute to a better future.
More About University of Gothenburg
Gothenburg, Sweden’s second-largest city, is home to the University of Gothenburg (Swedish: Göteborgs universitet). The university was established in 1891, making it the third-oldest of the present-day Swedish universities. With 37,000 students and 6000 staff members, it is also one of the largest in the Nordic region.
The University of Gothenburg is one of Sweden’s most diverse and adaptable universities, with eight colleges and 38 departments. Its eight colleges provide education in the social sciences, humanities, education, information technology, business, economics, and law, as well as the creative arts, natural sciences, and health sciences.
In several of its areas and courses, the University of Gothenburg receives the most applications per available study spot, making it one of the most sought-after institutions in Sweden.
The University of Gothenburg consistently ranks highly in the world for life sciences and medicine, both locally and internationally. According to the AWRU-Shanghai 2018 world ranking, it was ranked second in Sweden, eleventh in Europe, and thirty-first globally in the fields of biology and life sciences.
|Subject: Biomedical and Clinical sciences
University of Gothenburg Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Gothenburg
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: The position is open at the University of Gothenburg until August 28, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD in Theoretical Plasma Physics at the University of Gothenburg.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification,
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second cycle, or
- Has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- To meet the specific entry requirements for third-cycle studies, applicants must: (i) have a second-cycle (advanced-level) degree in a relevant* subject area in the natural sciences, or (ii) have completed studies for at least 60 higher education credits at a second-cycle level in relevant subject areas in the natural sciences, or (iii) have completed a corresponding programme of relevance to the planned third-cycle programme, in Sweden or in another country, or have equivalent qualifications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students interested in applying for the studentship must log in here to submit an admission application first. Students must include the supporting documents in PDF format in their application to be considered for the studentships.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal letter.
- Diploma and Transcripts.
- Proof of completion of an English course.
- Two references.
- Admission Requirements: For the admission in a doctoral program, you must have a master degree.
- Language Requirement: The specific entry requirements also include an acceptable command of spoken and written English. Guidelines for assessing English proficiency may include a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test (or 213 on the TOEFL-CBT, or 79 on the TOEFL-iBT).
The PhD candidates selected will be offered employment for four years full-time at the University of Gothenburg.