Keep your studies going in Ireland. There’s good news! The application period for the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2022-2023 is currently open.
In this essay, we will go over the Government of Ireland Scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step.
International students can apply for the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2022-2023, which is a fully financed scholarship. Only postgraduate studies are eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship includes an annual salary of €18,500, a payment of fees up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul, and eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annul.
The Council and the Department of Education and Skills jointly administer and fund the well-known Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is unique in the field of Irish studies, and it complements other funding options for postgraduate education in Ireland.
Government of Ireland Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
- Institution(s): Government of Ireland
- Study in: Ireland
- Deadline: October 21, 2022
- Courses Offered: All disciplines can apply.
- Program Period: 1- 2-year research masters; 3- to 4-year PhD program
Government of Ireland Scholarship Coverage
The Government of Ireland Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum.
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annul
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Scholarship
To be eligible for the Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships presented by the Government of Ireland in all disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- The applicant must have a first-class or upper-second-class honors bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first- or upper-second-class honors. If a scholar does not have a first- or upper-second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination
of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- The applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- The applicant must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a PhD degree scholarship must not currently hold or have previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those that would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall into one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail of this scholarship:
- Register for the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click’submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below, where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.
List of Approved Universities
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
To learn more about the Government of Ireland scholarship, please visit Official Website.