Hamline University has chosen to give the Merit-Based Academic Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 in the USA as a means to demonstrate its commitment to provide options for overseas students to finance their study.
This scholarship has been specifically created for overseas students who wish to enroll at Hamline University to begin their undergraduate studies. The Office of Undergraduate Admission must receive documentation of the applicants financial assistance in addition to a full admission application before it can be reviewed. The winners will probably receive tuition assistance or other forms of financial aid for the expense of their study.
Private liberal arts university Hamline University was established in 1854 and is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The institution has a vision to build a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to the development of students knowledge, values, and skills for successful lives of leadership, scholarship, and service. It is ranked 12th in Regional Universities Midwest.
Why did you decide to attend Hamline University?
The United Methodist Church’s customs and principles are acknowledged as the foundation of Hamline University. It will be regarded as a multicultural, learning-focused institution that cares about students’ personal and professional development, is locally and internationally involved, is grounded in the liberal education tradition, and is vibrant and actively inclusive.
More About Hamline University
In Saint Paul, Minnesota, there is a private liberal arts university called Hamline University. Hamline University, which was established in 1854, is renowned for emphasizing service, social justice, and practical learning.
The university bears the name of United Methodist Bishop Leonidas Lent Hamline. The oldest college in Minnesota, Hamline is one of the five Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities and was the state’s first coeducational institution.
The College of Liberal Arts, School of Education, School of Business, and the Creative Writing Programs make up the university. There are 1,668 graduate students and 2,117 undergraduate students at Hamline.
The BFA, MFA, and low-residency MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults are the three fine arts degrees in creative writing offered by Hamline. The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Hamline University is the only programme of its kind offered by a private liberal arts college in the Twin Cities and the whole state of Minnesota.
Both the undergraduate and graduate business programmes are offered by the Hamline University School of Business. The bachelor’s programme in business administration (B.B.A.) and economics (B.A.) are both available. Business analytics, business practice, economics, management, and nonprofit management are among majors offered by the institution.
According to the “Best Colleges” edition of U.S. News & World Report magazine, Hamline was placed 15th in the Midwest in 2021. In its Master’s Universities category, Washington Monthly rated Hamline first in Minnesota and 36th overall in 2020. The publication’s ranking of the Best Bang for the Buck-Midwest Colleges included Hamline as well.
- University or Organization: Hamline University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The final application deadline for international undergraduate students at Hamline University is 15th November 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All interested international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programme offered at Hamline University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international undergraduate students at Hamline University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission via the Hamline Application portal or the Common Application Portal. All eligible international students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official or certified copies of all academic records from secondary schools and colleges or universities attended.
- Official High School Diploma or Certificate of Graduation.
- Any documents that aren’t in English should be translated by a certified public translator.
- Recommendation letters.
- Evidence of financial support.
- Admission Requirements: The students must have the academic qualifications required to join the undergraduate program of their choice eat Hamline University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) – 79 or better
- TOEFL Paper-based test – 550 or better
- ELS – Graduation from Level 112
- Duolingo – 105
The students successfully selected by Hamline University will be awarded the Merit-Based Academic Scholarship towards the cost of their undergraduate study program.