Heidelberg PhD Scholarships, Germany Are you trying to find a way to go to Germany and study? The opportunity is now yours to finish your studies where you want. The STIBET Completion Grants for international applicants in Germany are being offered by Heidelberg University.
Only international doctorate applicants accepted into one of Heidelberg University’s faculties are eligible for this study programme.
University doctorate candidates are encouraged and supported by the Graduate Academy. As a consequence of the University Senate’s decision to support the development of one of these facilities for the promotion of young researchers in 2005, it was established in 2006.
Why should I enrol in the Graduate Academy?
In cooperation with the University’s faculties and graduate schools, the Graduate Academy seeks to guarantee that doctoral students get top-notch instruction and training in order to improve the University’s position in the competition to draw the most talented young researchers.
More About Heidelberg University
In Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, there is a public research university known as Heidelberg University. This University, the oldest university in Germany and one of the oldest still operating institutions in the world, was established in 1386 at the request of Pope Urban VI. In the Holy Roman Empire, it was the third university to be founded.
Since 1899, has been a coeducational school. The university has twelve faculties and provides degree programmes in almost 100 subjects at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels.
The humanities are mostly found in Heidelberg’s Old Town, the natural sciences and medicine are found in the Neuenheimer Feld neighborhood, and the social sciences are found in the inner-city suburb of Bergheim. Heidelberg is home to three main campuses. While a sizable number of graduate degrees are offered in both English and French, the language of instruction is often German.
57 Nobel Prize winners have ties to the city of Heidelberg as of 2021, while 33 have ties to the university. Faculty at University presented contemporary scientific psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychiatric genetics, environmental physics, and contemporary sociology.
Over a third of PhD students come from outside the country, and every year over 1,000 doctorates are awarded. More over 20% of all students are international, representing almost 130 different nations.
Heidelberg is a member of the U15, a German Excellence University, and a founding member of the Coimbra Group and the League of European Research Universities. Eleven national and international leaders of state or governments are among the notable alumni of the university. University holds the top spots in rankings and has a strong academic reputation when compared internationally.
Heidelberg University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: Graduate Academy
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 600 € per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the opportunity is October 3, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Position in one of the faculties of University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Qualified candidates should have a master’s degree from an internationally accredited Institution of higher education.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in the programme, applicants must complete the online application form for STIBET completion grants.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit a scanned copy of the admissions letter from the faculty (Annahme als Doktorand/in) or a valid student identification document (Studienbescheinigung).
- A letter of recommendation (max. one page) must be submitted directly to the Graduate Academy (email@example.com).
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate must hold a university degree (master‡s or equivalent above average) that permits access to doctoral studies.
- Language Requirement: Excellent English skills (spoken and written) are mandatory.
Each successful scholar will receive 600 € per month and it is limited to a time period of 3 months to support their education at Heidelberg University in Germany.