For the academic year 2022–2023, the Harvey Mudd College (HMC) is creating the Overseas Scholarships to give international students the financial assistance they require to pursue their higher education in the USA.
The HMC scholarship was founded by Yuen Sang and Yu Yuen Kit So, the Peter and Paul pupils’ parents. It is only available to overseas students who are applying to Harvey Mudd College’s (HMC) undergraduate or graduate degree programmes. They will receive funding for their studies thanks to the scholarship grant. The candidates must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and exceptional academic achievement.
In Claremont, California, there is a private institution called Harvey Mudd College (HMC). This college, which is currently ranked 28th nationally among National Liberal Arts Colleges in the USA, aims to train engineers, scientists, and mathematicians who are knowledgeable in all of these fields as well as the humanities, social sciences, and arts so that they can lead in their fields with a clear understanding of the effects of their work on society.
One of the top universities for engineering, science, and mathematics in the country is Harvey Mudd College (HMC). An skilled mining engineer who intended to address several issues with the conventional, constrained technical education at the time started HMC in 1955. Harvey Mudd College (HMC) was founded by and is a home for scientists of the future.
More About Harvey Mudd College (HMC)
Private Harvey Mudd College (HMC) is a science and engineering-focused university in Claremont, California. It is a component of the Claremont Colleges, which have resources and grounds next to each other’s campuses. As of 2021, the institution has 902 undergraduate students enrolled and grants Bachelor of Science degrees.
One of the original investors in the Cyprus Mines Corporation, Harvey Seeley Mudd, provided funding for the institution, which bears his name. Mudd passed away before to the institution’s opening in 1955, despite being involved in its development. Edward Durell Stone developed the campus in a modernist manner.
Harvey Mudd is noted for its strong academic culture and has an extremely demanding admissions process. According to payscale.com statistics, graduates from all colleges and universities in the United States have the highest mid-career wages.
HMC provides multidisciplinary degrees in mathematical biology, four-year degrees in chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer science, biology, and engineering, as well as dual majors in computer science and mathematics, physics and mathematics, or biology and chemistry.
As long as they also finish a minor in one of the technical subjects that Harvey Mudd offers as a major, students may also choose an Individual Program of Study (IPS) or an off-campus major offered by any of the other Claremont Colleges.
The (HMC) college’s Common Core Curriculum is a requirement for all HMC students, usually during their freshman and sophomore years. This covers classes in engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, math, writing, and a critical inquiry course, as well as courses in computer science and engineering.
In 2018, the Chronicle of Higher Education stated that the college was “examining how to relieve pressure on students without compromising rigour” in response to student “complaints first to mental-health counsellors and subsequently to outside assessors.”
HMC Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Harvey Mudd College (HMC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Educational Fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be made by 15th November 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate degree programme of preference offered at HMC can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international students and non-citizens living in the United States and attending Harvey Mudd College (HMC).
- The applicants must have attained a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
- The applicants must demonstrate superior academic performance.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must make an online application for admission via the Common Application Portal or the Coalition Application Portal. All internationals that meet the eligibility criteria will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- School Report and Counsellor Recommendation submitted by your counselor.
- Teacher Recommendation from a math or science teacher.
- Teacher Recommendation from humanity, social sciences or art teacher.
- Official High School Transcript.
- College/University Transcript.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the university for the programme they wish to join.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT.
The winning applicants will be awarded this scholarship towards the academic expense incurred for the study programme undertaken by them at the Harvey Mudd College (HMC).