The IAFRI PhD Studentship has been established at Newcastle University in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2022-2023.
This IAFRI PhD scholarship is open to international, British, and EU students. The PhD scholarship is co-funded by IAFRI – Fera Science Ltd and Newcastle University, and it covers the full cost of tuition as well as a stipend of £15,609.
Newcastle University is a public research university in the United Kingdom that aspires to be a people-focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation, and creativity to benefit individuals, organisations, and society as a whole. It is currently ranked 152nd in the QS World Rankings published in 2020.
Why should you choose Newcastle University as your place of study? Newcastle University is entirely dedicated to advancing education, learning, and research for the benefit of the public, with the goal of building on this core purpose and providing new knowledge and innovative solutions that have a beneficial impact. Newcastle’s ultimate purpose is to assist employees and students in reaching their full potential.
More About Newcastle University
Newcastle University is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England, that was founded in 1890. Singapore and Malaysia are home to its international campuses. The university is a red brick institution and a member of the Russell Group, a group of research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom.
The School of Medicine and Surgery, founded in 1834, and the College of Physical Science, created in 1871, are the foundations of the institution. These two colleges, along with the Durham Colleges, formed the major portion of the federal University of Durham. In 1937, the colleges of Newcastle combined to establish King’s College. King’s College became the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1963, according to an Act of Parliament.
The university is divided into three faculties: Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty, and Science, Agriculture, and Engineering Faculty. Around 175 full-time undergraduate degree programmes in arts, sciences, engineering, and medicine, as well as approximately 340 postgraduate teaching and research programmes in a variety of fields, are available at the institution. The institution’s yearly income for 2020–21 was £523.6 million, with £99.6 million coming from research grants and contracts and £518.9 million spent. Newcastle University currently boasts one of the UK’s most extensive EU research portfolios.
IAFRI Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Deadline: Applications for IAFRI PhD Scholarship are closing on 28th February 2022.
Eligibility For IAFRI Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All domestic, international, and EU national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: IAFRI PhD study programme in Genomic tools to enable epidemiological monitoring of eukaryotic pests can be undertaken at NCL.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in plant health, epidemiology, and genomics.
- The applicants must have experience with molecular lab work, bioinformatics, high-performance computing, and/or epidemiological modeling.
How to Apply For IAFRI Scholarship
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the general admission application through the university portal. To apply for the IAFRI studentship:
- Insert the programme code 8020Fin the programme of study section.
- Select ‘PhD Biology (full time) – Biological Sciences As the programme of study.
- Insert the studentship code IAFR2207 in the studentship/partnership reference field.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Transcript of your degree studies
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have or are expecting to attain at least an upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject and with experience in/an aspiration to work in or alongside industry.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT/ITP is also accepted.
IAFRI Scholarship Benefits
IAFRI Scholarship, The applicants selected by NCL will be provided 100% of Home tuition fees and annual living expenses of £15,609 for up to 3 years.