The Ibn Haldun University scholarship application is aimed for international candidates interested in the Ibn Haldun University Doctoral Program in Civilization Studies.
For the academic year 2022-2023, you can look at the PhD options established for the MEDIT / ACI PhD Scholarships for overseas students.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must apply before the deadline. Tuition fees will be covered, and Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants will receive a monthly stipend.
Ibn Haldun Institution is an Istanbul-based university with an intellectual independence motto. The university places a strong emphasis on learning and scholarship from both the East and the West. In the World 2021 rankings, Ibn Haldun University is ranked 153rd in Turkey and 7852nd globally.
Why should you choose Ibn Haldun University to further your education? Through the production of real knowledge and viewpoints, Ibn Haldun University aspires to be an international authority and pioneer in the social sciences. The university is an international social science research university that welcomes all forms of knowledge and places a premium on societal contribution.
More About Ibn Haldun University
The Ibn Haldun Üniversitesi (IHU) (English: Ibn Haldun Institution) is an Istanbul-based university. Ibn Haldun University was founded by Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s TÜRGEV Foundation (Turkey Youth and Education Services Foundation) in 1996, when he was Mayor of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality. Professor Dr. Atilla Arkan is the Rector.
Ibn Haldun University launched a four-year effort in December 2019 to deepen knowledge of Al-work. Tirmidhi It also hosted a lecture to honour Fuat Sezgin efforts.
Distinguished historians like as Halil Berktay and Suraiya Faroqhi teach in the history department. Erik Ringmar is a political science and international relations professor. Ramazan Aras is a sociology professor and the department’s chair.
The Ibn Haldun University is at Başakşehir, on Istanbul’s western outskirts, where a new campus will open in the fall of 2020.
The school of humanities and social sciences include the following departments:
- Department of History
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Comparative Literature
- Department of Political Science and International Relations
Institutes of the University
- Medeniyetler İttifakı Enstitüsü (Alliance of Civilizations)
- Educational Science Institute
- Social Sciences Institute
Ibn Haldun Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Ibn Haldun University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Monthly Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Turkey.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for international applicants for this scholarship is 22nd May 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all overseas regions are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for Doctoral Program in Civilization Studies at the Ibn Haldun University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international students that must have submitted their applications by the deadline, i.e., 22nd May 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the university portal to apply. Students that meet the criteria for the award will be selected automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Passport Credentials Page.
- Residency Permit / ? kamet (if available)
- CV/ Resume.
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate diplomas and transcripts.
- Two academic letters of recommendation (the recommenders you add to the application system will receive requests to upload letters of recommendation on your behalf.)
- A Statement of Purpose(single-spaced, two pages max, English).
- A writing sample.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have achieved a GPA of 2.00 and above and completed all the courses required at the department they are enrolled in ( PhD: 264 ECTS) successfully.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 84.
- an equivalent score in CAE, CPE, PTE Academic, or YDS.
The PhD candidates selected by the Ibn Haldun University will be offered full or partial tuition fee coverage and a monthly stipend between 3500-4200 TL as Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants.