The IIUM Engineering Merit Scholarships are being offered by the International Islamic University Malaysia for the academic year 2022-2023 in Malaysia to academically outstanding candidates with strong Islamic aspirations.
Every interested student, whether a citizen of the United States or a foreign national, is eligible to apply for this award. To be eligible for this award, applicants must have completed an engineering degree programme at IIUM Kulliyyah of Engineering (KOE). The award covers all feasible fees and provides the selected student with a research grant.
The International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) is a well-known Malaysian public university dedicated to producing high-quality intellectuals, professionals, and scholars. The university is now rated 7th in the United States and 1328th worldwide.
Why should you select the International Islamic University Malaysia IIUM to further your education?
By engaging in all disciplines of knowledge and intellectual conversation, IIUM aspires to become a prominent international centre of educational excellence with high-quality education. The IIUM university has succeeded in establishing a desire to learn for the rest of one’s life.
More About International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (Malay: Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia; Arabic: ), often known as IIUM, is a Malaysian public university. IIUM has six campuses around Malaysia, including two medical-centric campuses and a Centre for Foundation Studies in Gambang, Pahang, two city campuses in Kuala Lumpur, and a language and tourism campus in Pagoh, Johor.
The university is supported by eight countries as well as the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). The International Islamic University in Islamabad, Pakistan, and the International Islamic University in Chittagong, Bangladesh, are not the same.
The institution was formed on Islamic ideals on the 23rd of May, 1983. All subjects are instilled with Islamic ideals. IIUM’s 14 faculties provide bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degree programmes.
Since its founding in 1987, IIUM has graduated and educated over 70,000 students from over 100 countries. The majority of them were Malaysians.
IIUM used to be a private institution. Because the university’s language of teaching would be English and Arabic rather than Malay, which was initially prohibited by Malaysian law, IIUM was founded under the now-defunct Companies Act 1965.
After an exchange of diplomatic notes of co-sponsorship between the Malaysian government, seven other governments, and the OIC, IIUM was officially designated as a public university on May 23, 1983, under Section 5A (2) of the Universities and University Colleges Act 1971, when the university received its establishment order from the then-King, Ahmad Shah of Pahang.
For the first academic session, which began on July 8, 1983, 153 students from Malaysia and abroad were enrolled. The Faculty of Economics, the Faculty of Laws, the Centre for Fundamental Knowledge, and the Centre for Languages all offered courses. During the first convocation, held on October 10, 1987, members of this first cohort got their degrees and diplomas.
68 graduates obtained a Bachelor of Economics degree, 56 graduates received a Bachelor of Laws degree, and 29 Qadis received a Diploma in Islamic Judiciary Law and Administration.
IIUM Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master / PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for application submission is 30th June 2022.
Eligibility For IIUM Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master’s or PhD in Engineering at the Kulliyyah of Engineering (KOE), IIUM.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply for the new intake for semester 1 of the academic year 2022-2023.
- The applicants must apply for a research-based PhD or master’s in Engineering programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must make their admission applications online. The students must fill out a separate scholarship application form to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bachelor or master’s degree transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Two recommendation letters
- 3-page research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must possess a bachelor’s of engineering degree with a CGPA greater than 3.5 or a first-class honors or equivalent qualification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 60
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- TOEFL CBT – 173
- IELTS – 5.0
- ETP – 5.0
The selected applicants will be provided full tuition fee waivers, recurrent fees for every semester, and a research grant to pursue their postgraduate study at IIUM.