There is good news for Undergraduate students at Washington State University have the chance to apply for the $2,000 award. There are an unspecified number of rewards available to overseas students who want to study any degree at the university. The candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at Washington State University in order to meet the qualifying requirements.
Washington State University, which is also called Washington State, WSU, and Wazzu, has its main campus in Pullman, Washington. WSU was founded in 1890 and was one of the earliest land-grant institutions in the American West. With a total enrollment of 28,581 and 24,278 undergraduate students, it is the second-largest higher education institution in Washington State behind the University of Washington. It is noted as falling within the category.
The WSU Pullman campus is known for its open spaces, red bricks, and basalt, all of which were found on the property. It is also on a hilltop, which makes it unique. Even though it is in the rolling Palouse region of rural eastern Washington, the institution has strong ties to the town and the area around it.
The institution also maintains campuses at Washington State University Spokane, Washington State University Tri-Cities, and Washington State University Vancouver, all of which were established in 1989 and are spread out across Washington. In 2012, WSU launched a web-based Global Campus, which includes its online degree program, WSU Online.
In 2015, WSU opened its sixth campus in Everett. Bachelor’s and master’s degrees are the most common degrees awarded in these institutions. On the Tri-Cities campus for the first time in 2007, and on the Vancouver campus for the first time in 2006.
The Office of International Programs automatically awards these scholarships to qualifying students who are offered admission.
Freshman awards (renewable for 3 additional years) are available to students who have less than 1 year of college credit.
Transfer awards (renewable for 2 additional years) are available to students who have earned at least 1 year (27 semester hours) of transferable college credit.
The International Academic Awards are automatically renewable for the lengths mentioned above if you meet the following renewal criteria for each academic year:
- Maintain a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade-point average by the end of spring semester
- Maintain 12 credits each semester, or complete 24 semester credits by the end of spring semester
- Maintain non-resident degree-seeking student status
Washington State University Merit Award Highlights
- Organization: Washington State University
- Department: NA
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount:
- $4,000 Offered to students with cumulative GPA of 3.60 or higher
- $2,000 Offered to students with cumulative GPA of 3.30 to 3.59
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Subject: Any
- Eligible Countries: United States
- Eligibility: Students can apply for a bachelors degree offered at the Washington State University
- Application Deadline: 1 December 2022 to January 2023
Criteria For Washington State University Merit Award
Offered to degree-seeking undergraduate students on F-1 visas currently attending the Pullman campus who meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.60 or above
- Unusual service to the University or community
- Other extraordinary work or achievement
- This award cannot be combined with other International Programs awards.
How to Apply For Washington State University Merit Award
To apply for the Washington State University Merit Award opportunity , you must submit the following:
- The Office of International Programs Awards and application.
- A personal letter describing your meritorious qualities (i.e., the criteria above)
- A letter of recommendation from an advisor, a professor, or an official program administrator