The Iuav University of Venice has begun its Regional Scholarships for promising overseas students for the academic year 2022-2023 in order to give these students legitimate financial assistance.
International students who intend to pursue their higher degree, whether it be a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree, at the Iuav University of Venice are eligible for this one-year grant. Depending on the student status the chosen candidate holds, a maximum of € 6.157,74 can be provided to pay tuition costs and include a subsistence stipend, free or discounted services, housing, and meals at university canteens.
A university in the top 13% of all universities globally is the Iuav University of Venice. The university’s goal is to inform the public about fresh insights into place and space via mobile devices and the Visualizing Venice website.
What makes Iuav University of Venice a good place to study?
The Iuav University of Venice is a magnificent institution with a sizable global network of partners in research and teaching, making Iuav an international university in the end. The university has placed the design process at the centre of the educational experience while combining a famous tradition with a strong commitment to ongoing innovation.
More About Iuav University of Venice
In Venice, Italy, there is a university called Iuav University of Venice. As one of the first architecture schools in Italy, it was established in 1926 as the Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia. Several undergraduate, graduate, and higher education courses in architecture, urban planning, fashion, the arts, and design are now offered by the institution.
It is a university with a design-related focus that emphasises the teaching, research, and application of the design of livable spaces and surroundings (buildings, cities, landscapes, and territory), as well as the design of everyday goods, clothing, and graphics. Additionally, it offers more contemporary courses in theatre, performing arts, and multimedia events.
Iuav provides 4 bachelor’s, 6 master’s, 1 PHD, and programmes in architecture, design, fashion, the visual arts, urban and regional planning, theatre, and other related subjects. This is in addition to 7 advanced specialisation programmes and 19 postgraduate specialisation courses.
According to the categorization and assessment criteria used by the Italian polytechnics, Iuav was rated second nationally in the La Repubblica-CENSIS University Rankings for 2017 after the Polytechnic University of Milan (PoliMi) and before the Polytechnic University of Turin (PoliTo).
While the Iuav (110 points) took first place in the 2020 La Repubblica-CENSIS rating for the best architecture faculty for the three-year degree programmes, it also placed first in professional advancement and international relations. The University of Sassari (104.5 points) and Camerino were next in line (99.5 points). Milan’s and Turin’s polytechnics are in fifth and sixth place, respectively.
Iuav University of Venice Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Iuav University of Venice
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral
- Award:€ 6.157,74
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy.
- Application Deadline: The application process will open on 26th July 2022 and will last till 30th September 2022 for students enrolling in the 2nd or the 3rd year and 15th October 2022 for students enrolling in the 1st year.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can undertake any bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree programme offered at the Iuav University of Venice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must obtain at least 20 university credits by 30th November 2023; otherwise, the whole amount must be returned.
- The applicants must not be benefitting from other Italian or international scholarships/grants.
- The applicants must comply with the conditions to obtain a visa for Italy (non-EU students who have not enrolled yet).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to enrol and apply on the university portal. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of diploma.
- Academic transcripts of records.
- Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator.
- Copy of valid identity document.
- Presentation letter.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the merit criteria and other additional requirements.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have a B2 level or higher in the Common European Framework.
The selected applicants will be presented awards based on their status at Iuav University of Venice as shown below:
- on-site students: € 2.481,75.
- commuter students: € 3.598,51.
- off-site students: € 6.157,74.