Continue your studies in Australia. There’s good news! The International Water Center (IWC) Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of the IWC scholarship program, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
The IWC Scholarship 2023 of the International Water Center (IWC) is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The IWC scholarship is offered for Griffith University’s Masters in Integrated Water Management (MIWM). Each scholarship is worth around AU$92,645 and includes full tuition, living expenses, return plane passage to Australia, university student facilities fee, student visa, and overseas health insurance.
The IWC scholarships are awarded out once a year to outstanding candidates who show promise as future water leaders.
International candidates who meet the minimal eligibility requirements to pursue a master’s degree, have citizenship, and currently reside in one of the priority countries are eligible for up to two full tuition and living costs scholarships per year. One of the IWC scholarships will be allocated for a female candidate and awarded to her.
More About Griffith University
Griffith University is a public research university located in South East Queensland on Australia’s east coast. Griffith University was founded in 1971 and opened its doors in 1975, offering Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
The university is named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia and twice Premier of Queensland. Sir Samuel Griffith was a key figure in Australia’s Federation and the primary author of the Australian Constitution.
The University, which began with a single campus at Nathan and 451 students, now has five physical campuses spread across three cities, the largest of which are the Gold Coast campus at Southport and the Nathan campus in Brisbane. Brisbane also has Mount Gravatt and South Bank campuses, as well as the Meadow Brook campus. In 2018, the University opened its sixth campus, the Digital Campus, which offers a variety of online degrees.
Griffith University has approximately 50,000 students and offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees in business and government, criminology and law, education, engineering and information technology, environment, planning and architecture, health, humanities and languages, music, science and aviation, and visual and creative arts. It is a thriving university and an IRU member.
Griffith University received the seventh highest student satisfaction rating out of all Australian universities, and the highest student satisfaction rating out of all public Queensland universities, in the 2019 Student Experience Survey, with an overall satisfaction rating of 82.1. Griffith University has received more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other university in Australia since 2012. Griffith has many distinguished alumni and academic staff, including Emeritus Professor Alan Mackay-Sim, the 2017 Australian of the Year.
IWC Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Griffith University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters in Integrated Water Management (MIWM)
- Program Period: 1 to 2 Years
- Deadline: Ongoing (Next Intake March 2023)
IWC Scholarship Coverage
International Water Center Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A – Each scholarship is valued at approximately AU$ 92,645 and will cover full tuition fees, living costs, return air travel to Australia, university student amenities fee, student visa, and overseas health cover.
- B – The scholarship is valued at approximately AU$ 56,739 and will cover full tuition fees and return air travel to Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for IWC Scholarship
To be eligible for International Water Center (IWC) Scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries:
- A – Future water leaders from priority countries in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East. One of these scholarships will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
- B – Future water leader from selected countries in North America, Europe, or Asia.
- Be a citizen of any country except Australia or New Zealand. (Permanent residents of Australia are not eligible).
- Not be currently accepted or enrolled at Swinburne, unless you are only enrolled in our ELICOS program.
- Not be holding another scholarship or reduced fee arrangement. If your application to study at Swinburne is successful, you will receive an email from the university Not be currently accepted or enrolled at Swinburne in a 2-year master by coursework program. Not have received credit transfers or exemptions.
How to Apply for IWC Scholarship?
To apply for International Water Center Scholarship, you just need to complete the application form here.