Begin your academic study in South Korea. There’s good news! The application period for the KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is currently open.
In this essay, we will go over the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process step by step. For international students, the KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully financed scholarship. This scholarship is exclusively available for master’s degree studies. This scholarship will cover the entire tuition charge, an allowance of up to 800,000 KRW per month, one economy round trip, Korean language training fees, and medical insurance.
KAIST is a well-known leading university in Asia, sometimes referred to as Asia’s MIT. KAIST was founded in 1971 to serve as a model for a research-oriented university and to nurture the nation’s need for superior human resources in science and technology.
KAIST has now established itself as a renowned member of the global science community. The KAIST International Student Scholarship is available to international undergraduate and graduate students at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): KAIST University
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 8 Semesters
- Deadline: Click here to check application timeline (same as Admission Application)
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
To know all faculties at KAIST University, click here
KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
KAIST International Student Scholarship
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Medical Health insurance
Global Korea Scholarship
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 800,000 KRW per month
- Airfare: one economy round trip
- Korean language training fee: one year
- Korean language training is mandatory and when the student does not achieve TOPIK grade 3 within a year, she/he is not eligible to enter the degree program.
Eligibility Criteria for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship
To qualify for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are NOT eligible to apply as international students
- For Spring Semester, 2022 (EARLY only), candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2022
- For Fall Semester, 2022, candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2022.
How to Apply for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Go to the official site here and fill out your online application form.
(2) Pay application fee (USD 80 or 80,000 KRW) by credit card or bank transfer.
(3) Upload scanned copies of following additional required documents on the application page. The uploaded copies must be certified by school principal or the head/director of organization and clear & legible.
- One Recommendation Letter.
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile.
- High school / University Transcript.
- Standardized Official Test Report.
- English Proficiency Test Report.
- Passport or National ID.
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship.
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship.
- Honors and Awards (Optional).
- Only ONE teacher recommendation letter will be considered.
- The recommendation letter should be written by an academic advisor, homeroom teacher, or a math/science teacher.
- The letter should be written either in Korean or in English.
- Recommendations must be submitted electronically via online application platform. Once you pay the application fee, we will send your teacher a link so that your teacher can submit your recommendation letter online by the deadline.
- It is extremely important to enter your recommender’s email address correctly on your online application form so that they each receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation through the online process.
- Your application will be completed once your recommender submits the recommendation letter.
- Recommendation letters CANNOT be submitted in hard copies.
- If you face a problem uploading your documents, you can mail them to this address:
Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST
#102, Yang Boon Soon Bld. (E16-1)
291 Daehak-ro , Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82-42) 350-4803
(4) Submit the application.
(5) Check your final admission and scholarship results from Here.
For more information about the application process, click here.
To know more about KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship, please visit Official Website.