The Kangwon National University has established the Scholarships for New Students to assist students to pursue their educational ambitions.
For the school year 2022-2023, these scholarships will be awarded in South Korea. This scholarship is only available to new students who enrol and are accepted into one of Kangwon National University’s undergraduate programmes.
The scholarship award is a partial or complete tuition fee waiver ranging from 35% to 100%. The recipients of the scholarships will be chosen based on their TOPIK scores, which must be three or higher.
Kangwon National University, ranked 23rd among national universities in South Korea, strives to produce creative pioneers of biomedical science and the biomedical industry of the twenty-first century, as well as global talents with innovation and integrated leadership.
Why should you choose Kangwon National University as your university of choice? Kangwon National University is quickly establishing itself as a respected institution. It is a very dynamic university that is attempting to stay up with the quickly changing educational ecosystem by remaining true to the principles while also pursuing a future-focused educational strategy. It has world-class capabilities in education, research, industry-academy collaboration, and employment.
More About Kangwon National University
Kangwon National University (KNU) is a South Korean national university located in Gangwon-do. In 1947, Kangwon Provincial Chuncheon Agricultural College in Chuncheon was established, and in 1978, it was expanded to become a comprehensive university. The Korea National University is Gangwon-major do’s educational institution.
Every year in May, the Kangwon National University Students’ Union hosts the school festival in Dae Dongje, which includes clubs, flip-flops, and other events such Korean club performances, performances, and invites to well-known entertainers.
Chuncheon, the capital of Gangwon province and a self-proclaimed “leisure city,” offers a wide range of recreational opportunities to its citizens. Water skiing and boating are available on surrounding lakes in Chuncheon, as well as various islands. Hiking and skiing in the neighbouring mountains can be done in less than an hour from the campus.
Kangwon National Institution began as an agricultural college and has steadily grown into a comprehensive university with a wide range of academic disciplines. In 1997, KNU added a medical degree programme, and in 2000, it opened a University Hospital. In 2002, the University’s graduate schools established a law school, presently known as the ‘Graduate School of Judicial Affairs,’ as the only laboratory school in South Korea, as a model for the very early stages of’reform on Korean legal system.’ KNU joined with Samcheok University in 2006, bringing with it the faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Information Technology. Kangwon University has been operating a state-of-the-art professional Law School as one of the Korean Government’s officially accredited schools since March 2, 2009.
Kangwon University Scholarship Description
- University or Organisation: Kangwon National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in South Korea.
- Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing.
Eligibility For Kangwon University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international as well as domestic students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate programme of choice offered at the Kangwon National University can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have obtained TOPIK level 4 or higher or completed the language course from the KNU International Language Institute.
- The applicants must have the qualifications to be admitted to our universities, such as obtaining TOPIK level 3 or higher.
- The applicants must be students who have studied six months or more at KNU International Language Institute and hold an attendance rate of 80% or above for all semesters.
How to Apply For Kangwon University Scholarship
- How to Apply: The applicant must make admission applications via the university portal. All eligible students will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Study plan
- Graduation diploma
- Copy of ID card
- Personal information
- Three photos
- Final academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic and entry requirements of the programme they wish to join at KNU.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 530
- TOEFL CBT – 197
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- IELTS – 5.5
- CEFR – B2
- TEPS – 600
- NEW TEPS – 327
Kangwon University Scholarship Benefits
Kangwon National University will provide the candidates with 35%, 60%, or 100% tuition fee exemption on the applied undergraduate programme.