The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program is now accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2022-2023 provides international students with fully financed PhD fellowships. The International Mathematical Union Scholarship is worth up to USD 10,000 per year and includes tuition, housing, travel, and living expenses.
Professional mathematicians are encouraged to recommend highly motivated and mathematically competent students from developing nations who want to pursue a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own.
Nominees must have a strong academic record and be actively interested in pursuing a career in mathematics research and teaching.
The funders, the International Mathematical Union, and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union expect that the fellowship will aid in the education of the next generation of mathematicians, as well as provide benefits to the home nations of those selected for the fellowships.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): International Mathematical Union
- Study in: Any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year can be covered by the grant:
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/ her doctoral program
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
To qualify for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship.
- Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is preferable that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee.
- The student must be resident and a citizen of a developing country.
- The student must either be pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country or already be enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country.
- There is no age limit for the student.
- Nomination for women students is strongly encouraged.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned for one year at a time and is renewable annually, based on satisfactory progress of the awardee and will cease to be awarded when the awardee completes the doctoral program or at the end of four years, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform from here.
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form from here.
Prepare the materials required for the selection process: (Only files in PDF format can be uploaded.)
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- PhD Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student:
A) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
To know more about IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, please visit Official Website.