International students can apply for the UMY Scholarship 2022-2023, which is completely financed. Undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral masters are eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship provides a monthly living allowance of IDR 1,500,000 for undergraduates, IDR 2,000,000 for masters students, and IDR 2,250,000 for doctoral students.
The UMY Scholarship is a complete scholarship to study at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta in Indonesia for international students. The Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta Scholarships are intended to assist students in pursuing postgraduate studies in Indonesia. The goal of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta Scholarships is to bring international students to Indonesia to exchange cultural, educational, and international experiences with Indonesian students.
Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta is a Yogyakarta-based private institution affiliated with Muhammadiyah, Indonesia’s second-largest Islamic organisation. International students can choose from a variety of subjects and degree programmes at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta. Students can apply to one of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta’s degree programmes. In Indonesia, full scholarships are available. Indonesia is a great place to study.
Muhammadiyah Institution of Yogyakarta (UMY) is a Yogyakarta-based private university affiliated with Muhammadiyah, Indonesia’s second largest Islamic organisation.
In 2013, 4International Colleges and Universities World University Rankings and Reviews named UMY the 4th best institution in the world, while in 2015, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Stars named it the top private university in Indonesia.
The development of Muhammadiyah University of Yogyakarta prioritises on the quality of HR managers. As a result, the institution sends roughly 20 to 30 faculty members for master’s and doctoral studies, both nationally and overseas, each year.
Prof. Dr. Kahar Muzakkir began tossing around ideas on why the University of Muhammadiyah was needed. On November 18, 1960, the Central Leadership Muhammadiyah Teaching Council established the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education in Yogyakarta, with its founding charter specifically including it as part of the University of Muhammadiyah’s Guidance and Counseling.
Drs. H. Mustafa Kamal Pasha, M. Alfian Darmawam, Hoemam Zainal, S.H., Brig. TNI. (Ret.) Drs. H. Bakri Shahid, MA, Ir.H.M. Dasron Hamid, M.Sc., HM Daim Saleh, Prof. Dr. H. Amien Rais, M.A., H.M.H. Mawardi, Dr The head of the UMY, KH A. R. Fakhrudin, and the chairman of Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta Region, H. Mukhlas Abror, backed them up in their hunt for pupils. It legally created Yogyakarta’s Muhammadiyah University, which has flourished to the present day.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / Doctoral
- Institution(s): Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Study in: Indonesia
- Deadline: February Intake – October 31, 2022 / September Intake – June 30, 2022
- Program Period: As per program
- Courses Offered:
- Masters Programs
- Islamic Studies
- Governmental Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Hospital Management
- Masters Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Islamic Education Psychology
- Islamic Politics
UMY Scholarships provides the recipient with below benefits:
- Tuition Fee
- Free Dormitory (1 year)
- Living Cost
The scholarship offers tuition fees waiver and living expense of IDR 1,500,000 for undergraduate, IDR 2,000,000 for masters, IDR 2,250,000 for doctoral students per month.
Eligibility Criteria for UMY Scholarships
To qualify for UMY Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. Applicants must able to demonstrate the English language fluency, there is no specific requirement mentioned in the announcement.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants should be International (Students from all around the world)
- Students should have the Bachelor (16-year education) for master’s degree and master (18-year education) for PhD degree or equivalent to the Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta university requirements.
- Applicants should be interested in international cultural exchange
- Students Should be in good physical and medical health
How to Apply for UMY Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
- First of all, applicants have to submit their online application for UMY scholarships through UMY online application portal.
- Send the required documents to Cooperation and International Affairs Office UMY through e-mail email@example.com
- Required Documents:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate certificate
- Postgraduate certificate
- Academic Transcript
- Recommendation Letter from Home University
- TOEFL/IELTS Results
- Achievement Certificates
- Research Proposal
- Medical Check-up
To know more about UMY Scholarships, please visit Official Website.