For the School of Mathematics – Undergraduate UK Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Leeds is looking for applicants who aspire to do influential research in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics.
Only students from the UK are eligible for this award, according to the University of Leeds. The applicants who submit an application for an undergraduate degree at Leeds School of Mathematics are eligible, and their applications will be taken into consideration for the £12,000 award. Winners will be chosen based on their unique situations.
The University of Leeds was founded in 1904 and is currently a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, it is ranked 86th globally. The University of Leeds offers a secure, encouraging, and friendly atmosphere.
Why did you decide to attend the University of Leeds?
The University of Leeds works hard to guarantee that everyone on campus is treated equally, with respect and decency, and with regard to opportunities. Leeds students participate in a learning and working environment free from restrictions due to their age, handicap, gender identity, ethnicity, or religious beliefs.
More About University of Leeds
The Institution of Leeds, a public research university, is located at University of Leeds in West Yorkshire, England. In 1874, Yorkshire College of Science (also known as Yorkshire College of Science) was established. When the Leeds School of Medicine and Yorkshire College amalgamated, Yorkshire College was created in 1884. (founded in 1831).
In 1887, it merged with University College Liverpool and Owens College (later known as the University of Manchester) to become the federal Victoria University (which became the University of Liverpool). In 1904, the University of Leeds received a royal charter from King Edward VII.
The institution is the fifth-largest university in the UK with 36,330 students (out of 169). In terms of the number of applicants, the institution has consistently ranked among the top five in the United Kingdom since 2006.
In 2020–21, Leeds generated £751.7 million in income, of which £130.1 million came from grants and contracts for research. The institution is outside the top 10 British universities in terms of financial endowment with a £90.5 million endowment for the academic year 2020–2021.
Among the famous graduates are six Nobel laureates, former Secretary of State Jack Straw, former Conservative Party co-chair Sayeeda Warsi, NASA astronaut Piers Sellers, and current Leader of the Labour Party Keir Starmer.
University of Leeds Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: School of Mathematics
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £12,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Application Deadline: The applications are open. However, students must observe and follow the application deadline for the Bachelor’s programme they wish to apply for.
- Eligible Countries: UK national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Mathematics BSc, Mathematics MMath, BSc, Mathematics and Statistics BSc, Mathematics and Statistics MMath, BSc, Actuarial Mathematics BSc, Economics and Mathematics BSc, or Financial Mathematics BSc can be applied for at the School of Mathematics at the University of Leeds.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students applying from the UK.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply for admission on the official online portal of the university. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Description of the grading system at your home university.
- Copy of the information page in your passport or ID card.
- Transcript of records.
- Evidence of English proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of the university as per the country they are applying from.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic or IELTS for UKVI (United Kingdom Visas and Immigration) (Academic) at 6.0.
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test) at 87.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic or PTE Academic UKVI at 60.
- Password Skills at 6.0.
- Language Cert: International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) SELT (Secure English Language Test) B2.
- Cambridge English qualification with at least 169 overall.
- Trinity College London ISE (Integrated Skills in English) at a Pass in ISE II.
- NCUK English Language Test at 6.0.
- GCSE English Language or IGCSE English as a First or Second Language at C/4.
- National 5 English at C.
- IB (International Baccalaureate) English (standard or higher level) at 4.
The successfully selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship worth £9,000 or £12,000, depending on the course length, according to £3,000 per year of study, by the University of Leeds.