Through the EMFSS Online Taught Bursary, the University of London actively supports candidates financially in the UK. The programme is available for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The scholarship is offered for undergraduate taught online courses in the social sciences, business, finance, and economics. The bursary amount is withdrawn from your programme fees at a rate of 20% of the applicable charge.
A public research institution in the United Kingdom is called the University of London. In 1836, the institution was founded by royal licence. With 45,000 students enrolled in 190 nations, the University of London is the top provider of digital and integrated distance education outside of the UK. Despite being firmly anchored in London, their community and influence are worldwide.
Why did you decide to attend the University of London?
One of the oldest and most prominent institutions in the UK, the University of London is widely recognised as a hub of intellectual achievement. The institution has always worked to provide postgraduate education and training that is cutting-edge for the newest fields of study and employment.
More About University of London
In London, England, in the United Kingdom, there is a federally funded public research university called The University of London. As a degree-awarding examination board for students of University College London, King’s College London, and “other such other Institutions, corporate or unincorporated, as shall be established for the purpose of Education, whether within the Metropolis or elsewhere within our United Kingdom,” the university was established by royal charter in 1836.
It transitioned to a federal organisation in 1900, which enables it to be one of three institutions to claim the title of third-oldest university in England. The University of London Act 2018 and its fourth royal charter, issued in 1863, presently serve as its legal foundations.
In 1869, it was the first university in the UK to offer exams to women, and a decade later, it was the first to provide degrees to women. It was the first British university to appoint a woman as its vice chancellor in 1948 and just the second female professor at a British university when Caroline Spurgeon was hired in 1913. (chief executive). The oldest teaching hospitals in England are located among the member institutions of the university.
Three primary academic organisations and 17 member institutions make up the university. The university is the largest by student population in the United Kingdom with over 48,000 external distance learners and internal students enrolled on campus.
The member institutions function independently for the majority of operational needs, from admissions to finance, and many grant their own degrees while still being part of the federal university.
There are about 2 million University of London alumni worldwide as of 2015, including 12 monarchs or members of the royal family, more than 60 presidents or prime ministers, 85 Nobel laureates, five Fields Medalists, four Turing Award Winners, six Grammy Award Winners, two Oscar Winners, three Olympic Gold Medalists, and several countries’ “Father of the Nation.” University of London Press is owned by the university.
- University or Organization: University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 20% tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 26 August 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Students from India, Kenya, and Malaysia are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes in Economics, Management, finance, and the Social Sciences offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be resident in one of the following countries: India, Kenya, and Malaysia.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To empower this educational award, students need to take admission to the undergraduate degree coursework at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Personal statement.
- Resume or CV (strongly recommended for applicants under the age of 21).
- Work references.
- Standardized test scores.
- Professional certificates.
- Complete/Incomplete Post school Certificates or Transcripts:
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted to the university, aspirants have to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, they might require further evidence from you to confirm your proficiency.
The Bursary value is 20% of the relevant fee deducted from your program fees at the university.