The Higher Education Commission Pakistan PhD Scholarships are being offered by Loughborough University in collaboration with HEC Pakistan. For the academic year 2022/2023, the award is available.
Students beginning PhD studies at Loughborough University will be eligible for up to ten scholarships per academic year.
HEC Pakistan pays a stipend and covers the cost of a round-trip international flight.
This University is a public research university in Leicestershire, England, located in the market town of Loughborough. Although it has been a university since 1966, Loughborough Technical Institute began focused on skills that are directly applicable in the real world in 1909.
Every UK university league table ranks it in the top seven, and it is ranked first in its region. Over 41,000 student reviews from over 150 colleges and universities were used to make this decision.
Why should you consider Loughborough University as a place to further your education? Loughborough University boasts a gorgeous campus and provides an award-winning student experience. Their campus is filled with green open spaces and has excellent study and sporting facilities. It’s a lovely 440-acre campus with an amazing academic team that continues to push the boundaries of excellence.
More About Loughborough University
Loughborough University is a public research university in the Leicestershire market town of Loughborough. Although it has been a university since 1966, Loughborough Technical Institute was founded in 1909 with a concentration on skills that are directly practical in the real world.
The university announced in March 2013 that it has purchased the former broadcast centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as a second campus. It was a member of the 1994 Group of smaller research universities until November 2013, when the group disbanded. It made £308.9 million in annual revenue in 2020–2021, with £35.5 million coming from research grants and contracts.
Loughborough is home to the university’s main campus. Academic departments, 17 halls of residence, the Students’ Union, two gyms, gardens, and playing fields make up the Loughborough campus (formerly the estate of Burleigh Hall), which spans 438 acres (1.77 km2).
The Walled Garden, with its Garden of Remembrance, the Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall fountain-courtyard, the old cottage, and the Bastard Gates, which form the official entry to Rutland Hall and were provided by and named after William Bastard, the Chairman of College Governors, are all worth seeing.
A notable cedar stands in the campus’s centre quadrangle, and it has served as a symbol for the university on numerous occasions. A large snowfall in December 1990 caused the upper canopy of the tree to collapse, giving it its characteristic appearance.
- University or Organization: Loughborough University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees and maintenance allowance
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Application Deadline: You should apply as early as possible to allow sufficient time for your PhD application to be processed.
- Eligible Countries: Pakistan.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You can apply for any academic discipline at Loughborough University.
- You must be an HEC-Shortlisted candidate under the Overseas Scholarship Program.
- You must be applying to start a new full-time PhD.
- You will need to meet the University’s academic and English language requirements for PhD study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this grant, the student must take admission in PhD degree at the university; after that, students should submit their Loughborough University offer letter to HEC for review.
- Supporting Documents: Students should submit their Loughborough University offer letter to HEC for review.
- Admission Requirements: To take admission to the university, aspirants must meet the university’s admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants need to meet the English language requirements of the university and the general requirement is 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in each element.
- HEC Pakistan provides a maintenance allowance and covers the costs of an international return airfare.
- Loughborough University and HEC Pakistan will jointly cover the tuition fees for the standard duration of PhD studies (normally 36 months)