For the academic year 2022/2023, Lingnan University (LU) is happy to provide the International Full-Tuition Scholarships to encourage high-caliber candidates pursuing full-time undergraduate studies in Hong Kong.
This scholarship programme is designed to encourage non-local students to pursue a bachelor’s degree at Lingnan University (LU). Each Scholarship is awarded once a year and is valid for up to the standard length of study.
Lingnan University (LU) is Hong Kong’s only public liberal arts university. It’s an English-language college. It joined the Global Liberal Arts Alliance in 2012 with the goal of providing students with a liberal arts education. LU is a global pioneer in educational excellence. LU has made significant progress in including academics in research and knowledge transfer so that research and professional knowledge can have a positive impact.
What are the benefits of studying at Lingnan University (LU)? The University’s broad-based curriculum, close staff-student relationships, rich residential campus life and extracurricular activities, active community service and multi-faceted workplace experience, strong alumni and community support, and global learning opportunities all contribute to a liberal arts education at Lingnan.
To achieve international reputation as a prominent Asian liberal arts institution with outstanding teaching, learning, scholarship, and community participation.
More About Lingnan University (LU)
Lingnan University (LN/LU), previously known as Lingnan College, is Hong Kong’s only public liberal arts university. It’s an English-language college. It has been a member of the Global Liberal Arts Alliance since 2012, with the goal of providing students with a liberal arts education.
Lingnan University (LU) was the first university in Hong Kong to achieve the goal of offering a rich hostel experience for all undergraduates, and now, 80% of Lingnan students get the opportunity to go on exchange for a term during their undergraduate studies.
Forbes named Lingnan University one of the “Top 10 Asian Liberal Arts Colleges” in 2015.
In the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2020, the University was placed second in the world for “Quality Education.”
Lingnan University includes three faculties, sixteen departments, and nineteen undergraduate degree programmes that cover a wide range of humanities, social sciences, and business administration subjects.
Undergraduate students must complete 33 credits of Core Curriculum courses, 18 credits of Chinese and English language courses, 48 credits of major courses, and 21 credits of free electives. Lingnan also has a number of teaching master’s, research master’s, and PhD programmes to choose from. There are more than 3,000 students in total.
A liberal arts education is provided at Lingnan University through the following programmes:
- Enrollment is kept to a minimum.
- Curricula with a broad scope.
- Students and instructors have a close bond.
- Residential life and extracurricular activities are abundant.
- Volunteering in the community and working in a variety of settings.
- Support from alumni and the community.
- Opportunities for global education.
LU Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Lingnan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to Full-Tuition
- Number of Awards: Various
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 28 July 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The Scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be non-local citizen
- Applicants must have to enroll in full-time undergraduate studies at the University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply for undergraduate programmes via the Online Admission System. There is no separate application process for the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to a student with good academic standing and a good track record in community services.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the University:
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
- Copy of passport
- Transcripts of high school
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the university’s admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have fulfilled the General English Language requirements for admission to the university.
Lingnan University will provide a full-tuition fee for non-local students to complete their full-time undergraduate studies in Hong Kong.