The Elys Roberts Overseas Scholarships are being made available by the University of Manchester to international students who wish to pursue higher education in the UK during the academic year 2022–2023.
The educational initiative seeks to assist students from low- and middle-income countries who enroll in the university’s postgraduate degree programmes.
Victoria University of Manchester and University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology were combined to form the University of Manchester. It is a renowned worldwide institution with a reputation for creativity in problem-solving and quality in teaching.
Why did you decide to attend University of Manchester?
Getting a degree from the University is crucial if you want to succeed in life. Students at the school have access to a wide range of graduate and postgraduate courses, research opportunities, certifications, and degrees.
More About University of Manchester
In Manchester, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Manchester. The main campus is located on Oxford Road, just south of Manchester City Centre. Major cultural institutions including the Manchester Museum, The Whitworth Art Gallery, The John Rylands Library, The Tabley House Collection, and The Jodrell Bank Observatory—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—are owned and run by the university.
As a result of the civic university movement in the late 19th century, this Institution is known as a red brick university. The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) and the Victoria University were combined to become the present University of Manchester in 2004. Following a century of close collaboration between the two institutions, this happened.
The Mechanics’ Institute, forerunner of today’s University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, was established in 1824. All professions, according to the founders, had some reliance on scientific concepts. As a result, the institution provided training in scientific fields relevant to working people’s current jobs.
They thought that putting science to use in these crafts and professions would promote creativity and improvements. As Owens College, Victoria University of Manchester was established in 1851. Beginning in 1904, the university’s scholarly work would be published by the University Press.
The Russell Group, the N8 Group, and the international Universities Research Association are all organisations that the University of Manchester belongs to. The University including its predecessor institutions, has had 25 Nobel laureates among its former students, current employees, and faculty members, which ranks it fourth among all British universities.
The university’s total revenue in 2020–21 was £1.1 billion, of which £237.0 million came from grants and contracts for research. After the universities of Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, and King’s College London, it has the fifth-largest endowment of any institution of higher learning in the United Kingdom.
- University or Organization: University of Manchester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters degree
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Application Deadline: 31st August 2022
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters’s degree in Global Health MSc/PGDip/PGCert.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold an offer of a place on their chosen master’s course.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Talented applicants from or working in low/middle-income countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for the scholarship, you must take admission in a master’s course at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Your application form must include a 500-word statement detailing your reasons for studying your chosen master’s course and your plans for applying your learning following graduation, a transcript, and two references.
- Admission Requirements: If you want to be chosen for this course, then you should hold a first or upper second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- Language Requirement: It is required to provide evidence of English language proficiency that you can achieve through:
- IELTS Academic(both the UKVI and non-UKVI tests).
- TOEFL iBT.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE)– modules ISE II, ISE III or ISE IV.
- PTE Academic.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
All the successful candidates will receive an educational fund for the academic session 2022/2023.