Begin your academic study in the Netherlands. There’s good news! The MEL Scholarship Trust Fund is presently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article. For the academic year 2022-2023, the MEL Scholarship Trust Fund (STF) is accepting applications from poor international students who want to study in Holland as an undergraduate or master’s student. The scholarship covers a 10% to 20% tuition fee discount.
Candidates with the strongest essays may be eligible for a partial tuition fee waiver scholarship (between 10% and 20% of the tuition fee) from the MEL Scholarship Trust Fund (STF). The partial Scholarship cannot be transferred to a following year, and the winner must begin MEL in the same Academic Year as the application.
The MEL Scholarship Trust Fund scholarship’s goal is to encourage deserving students to participate in MEL. A handful of partial-scholarships (between 10% and 20% of the tuition fee) are offered each year.
Interesting Facts About MEL Scholarship Trust Fund
The Mahapola Higher Education (MEL) Scholarship Trust Fund (also known as the Mahapola Trust Fund or the Mahapola Scholarship) is a Sri Lankan government-run educational trust fund.
The Mahapola Higher Education MEL Scholarship Trust Fund Act No. 66 of 1981 was established by Lalith Athulathmudali, Minister of Trade and Shipping, with the goal of providing financial aid to students pursuing higher education. Personal donations and a series of regional fairs known as Mahapola were used to raise the initial finances. The Chief Justice chairs a Board of Trustees that oversees the Trust.
The Development Lotteries Board and the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology were also founded under the fund.
MEL Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): MEL Scholarship Trust Fund
- Study in: Holland, Netherlands
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Business administration and management, Transport and communication
- Program Period: 1 Academic Year. The Scholarship is available yearly
- Deadline: June, 2022
MEL Scholarship Coverage
MEL Scholarship Trust Fund provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers partial tuition fee waiver between 10% and 20% of the tuition fee.
Eligibility Criteria for MEL Scholarship Trust Fund
To be eligible for MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates must be eligible to be admitted to the MEL Programme so they must submit their application for the MEL programme before they submit their STF Scholarship essay. A submission to the Scholarship Competition must be original work by the candidate.
- The winner should join MEL in the same Academic Year of application and the Scholarship cannot be transferred to a subsequent year.
- All other expenses, such as the remainder of the tuition fee, housing, travel, insurance, etc., are borne by the candidate.
- You must have passed an English language test. IELTS and TOEFL are commonly accepted, but institutions may accept other tests as well, like Cambridge English.
- The essay should have a minimum of 3,000 words and a maximum of 4,000 words, including tables, figures and a bibliography. Through the essay, the applicant should be able to demonstrate his or her academic potential and good writing skills.
- The essay must be submitted by email
- The email must contain the following attachments:
- STF Scholarship Form.
Check the essay topic from here
How to Apply for MEL Scholarship Trust Fund?
Please visit MEL official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
- Candidates must submit their application for the MEL programme before they submit their STF Scholarship essay.
- Write your essay. The essay should be a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 4000 words, including tables, figures and bibliography. The latter should consist only of works cited in the text. Evidence of plagiarism will automatically disqualify the essay. Through the essay, the applicant should be able to demonstrate his/her academic potential and good writing skills.
Note: Here is a checklist to help you how to apply.
To know more about MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, please visit official website.