Continue your studies in Australia. There’s good news! Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship applications are now open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
For international students, the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is a partially sponsored scholarship. Each year, this awards 50 undergraduate scholarships. In the first year of an undergraduate degree, these scholarships will cover $10,000 in tuition fees.
This University established the International Undergraduate Scholarships in recognition of the substantial contribution made by international students to the variety of the University’s student community.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and are competitively allocated based on course and region quotas.
The Institution of Melbourne is an Australian public research university in Melbourne. It is Australia’s second oldest university, and the oldest in Victoria, having been founded in 1853. It has numerous sites throughout Victoria, with its main campus in Parkville, an inner neighbourhood north of Melbourne’s central business area.
More About University of Melbourne
This University, founded in the 19th century by the colony of Victoria, is one of Australia’s six sandstone universities and a member of the Group of Eight, Universitas 21, the McDonnell International Scholars Academy at Washington University, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. Various residential colleges have been linked with the university since 1872, providing housing for students and teachers as well as academic, athletic, and cultural events. There are 10 colleges on campus and in the surrounding suburbs.
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, and the Grattan Institute are just a few of the institutions and research facilities affiliated with the university. The Melbourne Business School, Melbourne Law School, and Melbourne Medical School are three of the university’s fifteen graduate schools that are highly respected.
In 2022, this was ranked first in Australia and 32nd globally by Times Higher Education, while it was ranked 35th globally by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (both first in Australia and the whole of Oceania). The university is ranked 37th in the world and second in Australia in the QS World University Rankings 2022, behind the Australian National University. This has produced four Australian prime ministers and five governors-general. The University of Melbourne has had the most Nobel Laureates teach, study, and research of any Australian university, with eight.
The coat of arms of the institution is a blue shield with a white portrayal of “Victory” holding her laurel wreath over the stars of the Southern Cross. A scroll beneath the shield has the inscription Postera crescam laude (“Later I shall grow by praise” or, more loosely, “We shall grow in the regard of future generations”). ego postera crescam laude recens is a Latin phrase from Horace’s Odes.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of Melbourne
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available courses.
- Program Period: Three years
- Semester 2, 2022 (mid-year intake): June
- Semester 1, 2022 (start year intake): November
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree,
- 50% fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100% fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree
Eligibility Criteria for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship
To qualify for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Australia and New Zealand
- Have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- Have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- at least four A* grades in the GCE A Levels
- at least 97% in an approved foundation program
- at least a score of 43 in the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
How to Apply for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship?
To apply for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, please follow the following instructions:
- No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
- All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
- Choose an undergraduate course here.
- Apply through the online application system.
Note: For more information about the application process please click here.
To know more about Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, please visit Official Website.