The Miyazaki Overseas College created the Miyazaki International College Scholarships to assist international students in paying for their educational expenditures. Applications are now being accepted for the 2022–2023 academic year.
International students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programmes at the Miyazaki International College are eligible to apply for this grant. Tuition cost exemptions ranging from 50% to 100% will be given to the winners. For consideration, students must possess one of the required grades or standardised English test results.
A private institution called Miyazaki International College is located in Kiyotake, Japan. It was established in 1994 with the mission of developing truly international people, guided by the MIC creed of “Respect and Diligence.” It aspires to aggressively pursue everything by using both its thoughts and body.
Why decide to attend Miyazaki International College for your studies?
According to the JASSO International Student Acceptance Promotion Program Reservation System, this College is a recognised institution. Students may participate in a variety of conversations and interactions that will help them improve their English because the majority of classes are taught in English.
More About Miyazaki International College
A private institution called Miyazaki International College is located in Kiyotake, Japan. Miyazaki Gakuen, a 1939-formed licenced educational institution, launched The College (MIC) in 1994. It has a School of Education and a School of International Liberal Arts.
Its School of International Liberal Arts was created in 1994 with the motto “Respect and Diligence” with the declared goal of creating fully global citizens. A school of education was founded in April 2014.
The Miyazaki Educational Institution (MEI), a chartered educational corporation founded in 1939, sponsors this College in addition to Miyazaki Gakuen Junior College, Miyazaki Gakuen High School, and Gakuen Junior High School, as well as the Gakuen Junior High School-Affiliated Midori Kindergarten and Kiyotake Midori Kindergarten.
The university community was outraged in 2015 when MIC reduced the pay of contractual academics over the age of sixty by twenty percent. This led to a court case that MIC won at the Miyazaki District Court.
Plaintiffs, however, appealed to the Fukuoka High Court’s Miyazaki Branch. On December 8, 2021, the Court rendered a decision in favour of the instructors and fined MIC for violating Japanese labour rules. Ryosuke Takahashi, the head judge, criticised MIC by saying that “for the instructors, this is unfair, and the university did not even take measures that would ease the problems that came with such a salary drop.”
- University or Organization: Miyazaki International College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Application Deadline: General admission applications round 1 will stop accepting applications on 9th December 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate programmes offered at the Miyazaki International College can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must meet the English language requirement mentioned below.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete and submit the admission application form to apply. All international students ill be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- One Photo.
- Letter of recommendation.
- A brief statement of reasons for application.
- High school graduation (prospective) certificate.
or a certificate of the International Baccalaureate degree.
- Official high school transcript in English.
- Resume in English.
- A letter of guarantee.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated from high school and completed 12 years of a standard school education curriculum or are expected to do so.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- EIKEN 1 – 2 to Prel
- GTEC 2 – 950 to 1200
- TOEFL IBT – 48 to 69
- TOEIC – 470 to 770
- IELTS – 4.0 to 6.5
The winners selected by the Miyazaki International College will be awarded a 50% waiver or 100% waiver toward the tuition for the first year of study.