Monash University Scholarship is an excellent option for you if you want to pursue a postgraduate degree in Australia with a scholarship. In this essay, we will go over what a Monash University Scholarship is, its perks, and the application process in depth.
International students can apply for the Monash University Scholarship 2023, which is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is available for research studies at the master’s and doctoral masters. This scholarship offers an annual living allowance of $35,600, a relocation allowance of $550, and a $1,500 research allowance.
The Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship (MSJS) is available to assist students with living expenses while attending Monash University.
Each year, it is distributed to a different faculty through rotation. This outstanding Monash University scholarship is intended to assist a PhD student with living expenses while enrolled at Monash.
Also check: Full Sail University Scholarships 2023 USA
Regardless of your circumstances, Monash University scholarships promote brilliance and help you in achieving your goals. We’re looking for students who are interested, positive, and want to make a difference in the world.
The Australian Government offers Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to both domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. Monash University scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, research outputs, and past research experience.
Monash University is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne. It was created in 1958 and is Victoria’s second oldest university, named after a notable World War I general, Sir John Monash. The university has four campuses in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), as well as one in Malaysia.
Also check: Australian National University (ANU) Masters of Philosophy Scholarship 2023 Australia (Fully Funded)
Monash University also operates a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, as well as graduate research schools in Mumbai, India, and Suzhou, China. Monash University offers courses in a variety of locations, including South Africa.
Monash University Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- University Name: Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: Scholarship is available for the normal period of study.
- Deadline: See deadlines below
Also check: University of Paris Scholarship 2023 France (Fully Funded)
Monash University Scholarship Deadlines
The application deadline for Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship is as follows:
- October 31 (annual)
The detail about application deadlines for Research Training Program and Monash Graduate scholarship is as follows:
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 1)
opens 1 September, closes 31 March
- DOMESTIC (Round 2)
opens 1 November, closes 31 May
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 3)
opens 1 April, closes 31 August
- DOMESTIC (Round 4)
opens 1 June, closes 31 October
Also check: NYCU International Scholarships 2023 Taiwan (Fully Funded)
Monash University Scholarship Benefits
Monash University Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship:
- Annual living allowance: $35,600.
- Relocation allowance: $550.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Monash Research Training Program:
- Annual living allowance: $29,500.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
Monash Graduate Scholarship:
- Annual living allowance: $29,500.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
Also check: University of Sydney International Scholarships 2023 Australia
To be eligible for Monash University Scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- A course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- A master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account;
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
Also check: Harvard University Free Online Courses 2023 USA
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the Monash University Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Click (Apply Now ) to register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testament from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Also check: ETH Zurich Research to Action Grants 2023 Switzerland
To apply and know more about Monash University Scholarship, visit the official websites:
Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship
Monash Research Training Program