In Italy, you can further your education. There’s good news! NATO Defense College Fellowships are now accepting applications. We will go through the details of the NATO Defense College scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The NATO Defense College Fellowship 2022-2023 is a research scholarship for overseas students that is fully funded. The NATO Defense College fellowship will grant a stipend to cover his or her stay in Rome as well as his or her travel expenses.
International students open in doing research courses in Italy might undertake for a NATO Defense College Fellowship.
The NATO Defense College now offers eight fellowships per year in the field of defence and security policy studies, which are related to NATO and its partners.
The goal is to promote study and policy analysis in areas of particular importance to NATO members as well as those participating in the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialog (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC)/Partnerships around the world (PAG). Since the program’s inception in 1993, the College has awarded a total of 109 scholarships up to and including 2017.
The NATO Defense College’s mission is to undertake academic research and studies in order to study the Alliance’s larger goals.
The overall goal is to foster research and policy analysis in areas of particular interest to NATO members as well as nations participating in the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC) / Partners Across the Globe (PAG) frameworks.
The Resident Fellowship Programme has the following specific objectives:
- to contribute to the Research Directorate’s calendar of activities by working on topics of interest to the Alliance;
- to contribute to research on NATO’s agenda in NATO member and partner countries;
- to provide Fellows and Scholars with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community, and acquire a thorough understanding of the College and of working in an international environment;
- to expand understanding of NATO and the work of the NDC in NATO partner and member countries;
- to provide lectures to the Senior Course (SC) and the NATO Regional Cooperation Course (NRCC) on a case-by-case basis;
- to contribute to NDC educational activities;
- to help foster the development of Scholars on NATO-related issues.
NATO Defense College Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Research
- Institution(s): NATO Defense College (NDC)
- Study in: Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
– NDC Eisenhower (EISW) Fellowship Programme.
– Partnership for Peace (PfP) Fellowship Programme;
– Mediterranean Dialogue (MD) Fellowship Programme;
– Other Military Cooperation/Partners Across the Globe Fellowship Programme (OMC/PAG);
- Program Period: From 3 to 5 months
- Number of Scholarships: Eight fellowships each year
- Deadline: July 15, 2022
NATO Defense College Scholarship Coverage
NATO Defense College Fellowships provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Each Fellow will receive a stipend to cover the costs of his/her stay in Rome and his/her travel expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for NATO Defense College Fellowships
To be eligible for NATO Defense College Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages:
- A very good level of English language proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or Italian would also be of benefit but is not essential.
- Eligible Countries: NATO Member States, as well as to countries that are part of the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC) / Partners Across the Globe (PAG) frameworks.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of English or French and be computer literate.
- English Language Requirements: A very good level of English language proficiency is required. Knowledge of French and/or Italian would also be of benefit but is not essential
How to Apply for NATO Defense College Research Fellowships?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this scholarship.
- Fill out the online application.
- Applications should be submitted directly to Mr Eugenio Mengarini: e.mengarini-at-ndc.nato.int.
To know more about NATO Defense College Fellowships, please visit Official Website.