You can apply for North American University (NAU) Foundation Scholarships if you want to study in the United States as well. The United States is one of the most popular educational destinations for overseas students.
The goal of this scholarship programme is to expand the number of international students attending the university and to encourage them to consider studying there.
Texas Gulf Institute, which became NAU in April 2007, is a higher education school. Stafford, Texas-based North American University (NAU) is a private university. Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, and Education are among the bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes offered at NAU.
What are the benefits of studying at North American University (NAU)? The Office of Career & Success Services is dedicated to providing undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni with the tools and services they require to successfully transition from school to work.
More About North American University (NAU)
Stafford, Texas-based North American University (NAU) is a private university. Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, and Education are among the bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes offered at NAU. The university changed its name from Texas Gulf Institute to its current moniker in the fall of 2013.
Texas Gulf Institute, which became NAU in April 2007, is a higher education school. For the first two years of its existence, the institute offered certificate programmes. The NAU institution applied to change its name to North American College after the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) approved it to offer bachelor’s degree programmes in July 2010.
The NAU institution relocated into its new administrative and educational building at 3203 N. Sam Houston Pkwy West in Houston, Texas, for the 2010-11 school year. Serif Ali Tekalan, a physician, was named the university’s third president in 2017, after Recayi “Reg” Pecen, an engineer, who had been appointed in 2012.
The college held its inaugural commencement ceremony in May of 2013. Twelve students graduated from the 2013 class, with nine receiving a bachelor’s degree in business administration and three receiving a bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies in education.
NAC changed its name to North American University in the fall of 2013. (NAU). The ESL, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree programmes each have around 800 students. Students come from over 54 nations and 33 states in the United States.
Interdisciplinary Studies in Education, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, and Business Administration are three bachelor’s degree programmes offered by NAU. Bachelor’s degree programmes are overseen by a separate administrative division. NAU also offers five master’s degrees: an M.Ed in educational leadership, an M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction, an M.Ed in School Counseling, an MBA, and an M.S. in Computer Science.
The NAU university is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and is authorised to offer bachelor’s and master’s degrees by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The Commission on English Language Program Accreditation has granted The Gulf Language School accreditation.
NAU Awards Description
- University or Organization: North American University (NAU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $12,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 31st, 2022.
Eligibility For NAU Awards
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Availability of scholarships may be limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Scholarships are only available for fall and spring semesters and are not valid during summer.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete the online application form for an undergraduate degree at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants must have to submit the following:
- Copy of passport
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters, proof of achievement letters, certificates, etc.
- Financial status
- Admission Requirements: Students must have SAT 950, ACT 18, 50% PR in National Exam; GPA 2.50-2.99.
- Language Requirement: All international students must demonstrate English proficiency in addition to the admission requirements. English proficiency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL: 79 IBT, 550 PBT, 213 CBT
- IELTS: 6.5
- Duolingo: 100
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 53
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 58 or an Overall grade of C or above
- SAT Scores prior to March 2016: Reading Section: 500, Writing Section: 500; SAT Scores March 2016 to present: Reading Test: 27, Writing and Language Test: 29
- ACT English: 23
- Composition and Rhetoric I with a grade of “C” or better from a U.S.-based college or university.
- TSI or its equivalent in other states
- An associate degree or higher from a U.S. institution
- Completion of a degree or high school in an English-speaking country*
- Completion of the Gulf Language School Intensive English Program at NAU
Each successful scholar will receive an award amount of $12,000 to cover their study expenses in the USA.