Begin your academic journey in New Zealand. There’s good news! The New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship is now accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully financed overseas scholarship programme. The entire value of NZ-GRADS is $124,600 NZD, which includes a living stipend, housing costs, and health insurance.
The Millennium Development Goals are promoted by the Global Research Alliance through research and development. It was first introduced in January 2003 in New Delhi, India. Its guiding principles are as follows: Taking on large-impact projects for the benefit of society, Creating synergy by pooling participants’ energies, skills, and facilities, Promoting projects with high innovation content, and Developing global knowledge networks for industry and industrial sectors to improve their competitiveness.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): New Zealand Universities / New Zealand Government
- Study in: New Zealand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural systems, primarily livestock
- Program Period: 3 Years
New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies up to a total of $10,000 NZD per year.
- An annual living stipend of $28,000 NZD per year (tax free).
- Medical insurance cover up to $700 NZD per year.
- Visa application costs to a maximum of $1,000.
- Return flights to New Zealand up to a maximum of $6,000.
- Book and thesis preparation allowance of up to $1,500.
- You can bring your family to live in New Zealand with you.
- Your partner or spouse will be able to apply for an open work visa for the duration of your studies.
- You will be able to enroll your children as domestic students in New Zealand’s free state schools.
- You will be studying at a top New Zealand University or Research Institute.
- You will be actively supported through various extension and networking events hosted in New Zealand.
- You may be able to work alongside your studies, as PhD students studying in New Zealand usually have unlimited work rights.
- You will be supported when you arrive, as New Zealand is a very welcoming country and there are systems in place to help you and your family settle in.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship
To qualify for New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (Check here)
- You must have an offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university (this may be conditional or non-conditional)
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classifications
- Your PhD research topic must relate to greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural systems
- Your research may be hosted/facilitated by any New Zealand research organization, however, your PhD program must be organized through a New Zealand university. Other research institutes that may host your research can be found here
How to Apply for New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship:
- To complete this application, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship.
- Evidence of an unconditional offer of place for a PhD program from a New Zealand university.
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificates of completion.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees for your references.
- Create a username and password from Here and use the search function to find the NZ-GRADS New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship application.
To know more about New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship, please visit Official Website.