The Senator José Peralta New York State (NYS) DREAM Act International Scholarships & Tuition Assistance Program has been established by the Higher Education Services Corporation to help students efforts to pursue higher education during the academic year 2022–2023.
This scholarship programme for students who are foreign nationals has been developed by the Higher Education Services Corporation. Candidates who wish to apply for a graduate or undergraduate degree in the United States are eligible.
The Higher Education Services Corporation is the name of the office that administers financial aid for higher education in the state of New York (HESC). The policy of the New York State (NYS) Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is to protect the procurement process from improper influences and to make purchases of goods and services in a fair, equitable, and open manner. This is stated as the corporation’s mission statement.
The Finance Law of the State of New York is applicable to all HESC procurements and controls the manner in which they are carried out. Examinations given by the United States Civil Service are used to select candidates for open jobs in HESC.
NYS-HESC DREAM Act Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- Department: N.A.
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Education funds
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: There is no set deadline. You can apply anytime during the college’s admissions period, typically September through July. Applications are reviewed as received. It will help if you plan on applying as early as possible.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have both attended a New York State (NYS) high school for at least two years and have received an NYS high school diploma OR received an NYS high school equivalency diploma OR qualified for in-state tuition at SUNY or CUNY colleges.
- Apply within five years of earning your NYS high school or equivalency diploma if pursuing an undergraduate degree or ten years if pursuing a graduate degree.
- Have one of the following citizenship/immigration statuses:
- Have a T-Visa
- Have a U-Visa
- Have Temporary Protected Status
- Be without lawful immigration status.
- Be a U.S. Citizen whose permanent home is not in New York State.
- Be a paroled refugee whose permanent home is not in New York State.
- Be a Permanent Resident Alien whose home is not in New York State (NYS).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award Apply now; you will be directed to the DREAM Act application, powered by international scholarship & tuition Services (ISTS). After getting enrolled, please email NYSDREAM@applyISTS.com.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the NYS High School Transcript reflecting two or more years of High School attendance at an NYS High School & NYS High School Diploma;
- NYS High School Equivalency Diploma reflecting passing scores Note: Document uploads for the other programs will be indicated throughout the DREAM Act Application.
- Your high school transcript
- Tuition Bill or other documentation from your college showing that you are charged instate tuition
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a U.S. high school diploma or its recognized equivalent or must meet the university’s entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to submit certificates of English language competency.
The successfully selected candidates will be awarded education funds in the USA for the academic year 2023.