Begin your academic journey in Austria. There’s good news! OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship applications are now being accepted.
We will go through the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship 2022, which is a fully funded scholarship program. This scholarship is only available to master’s masters and covers tuition, examination fees, a monthly allowance for living expenses, books, and housing.
The OPEC International Development Fund has funded funding for the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC FID) was founded in 1976 as an intergovernmental growth finance agency. In partnership with developing country partners, it works to improve financial development and alleviate poverty in all underprivileged parts of the world.
The goal of this scholarship is to help excellent young people from underdeveloped countries pursue graduate studies in development-related fields. If you apply for this program, you will be able to advance your career in your chosen sector. In the private sector, you can work as a human resources manager, legal advisor, or consultant.
More About OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) established the OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund) in 1976 as an intergovernmental development finance agency (OPEC). The OPEC Fund was conceived in March 1975 in Algiers, Algeria, at the Conference of the Sovereigns and Heads of State of OPEC Member Countries. The Conference’s solemn declaration “reaffirmed the natural solidarity that binds OPEC countries with other developing countries in their quest to eliminate underdevelopment,” and urged for measures to deepen collaboration between them.
The goal of the OPEC Fund is to strengthen financial cooperation between OPEC Member Countries and other developing countries by giving financial assistance to them for socioeconomic development. The institution’s main goal is to promote South-South cooperation with other developing countries around the world in order to eradicate poverty. The headquarters of the OPEC Fund are in Vienna, Austria. Dr. Abdulhamid Al khalifa of Saudi Arabia is the current Director-General. On November 1, 2018, he was appointed Director-General and Chief Executive Officer of the OPEC Fund.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: The scholarship is open to study the graduate degree program in any economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields offered by the university.
- Program Period: 2 Years
- Deadline: April 14, 2022
OFID Scholarship for International Students will cover the tuition fees, examination fees, a monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books, and accommodation.
Eligibility Criteria for OFID Scholarship
To be eligible for OFID Scholarship for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Applicants must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the master’s degree.
- Candidate must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- For admission to study the graduate degree program, applicants must have their previous qualification certificates and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or it’s equivalent.
How to Apply for OFID Scholarship?
Please follow the following application process:
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must have to select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
- After this process, applicants need to register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using the email address and fill out the scholarship application form.
- Candidate must have to upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
To know more about OFID Scholarship for International Students, please visit Official Website.